The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Turbo Dreams

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

prop7459

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 26, 2003
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Yeah guy I can't sleep tonight since I got such as rush when I went in my freind car for a joy ride. That was 1:30 p.m. and I still feel the rush. Beleive or not He has a 1996 civic with J-spec H22 with a custom t3/t4 Dual Ball Bearing turbo. Now I do not like Honda that much but this car is a beast. The engine if fully built from the head to block. Just say 9500 rpm is no problem for his motor. So after school he ask me if I want to go for a joy ride so I said yes. Before the joy ride he told that he has a H-22 turbo. I'm like yeah right in my head until he pop open the hood and their she blows right in front of me eek: . I a turbo bigger than my head. I hate to admit to it but that thing was huge. He told me spent 2 grand of the turbo it self. :barf: His car fuel is built for 15 psi but he drive at 6psi. So long story short he punches it and I am planted in his seats. So I look over to his Rpm guage and right before I went to 10,000 rpm so he sift. After he shift the turbo kept on spooling all the way to the moon. Their was no lag from the turbo. I almost fainted in his car thats how fast we were going so you guys I a turbo car. Not a GST or GSX but something like A VR-4, 300z TT, SRT-4. So I say up save up and get ones of these? Or should I been like me friend with a crazy setup that no ones except. But I really like a 1994 and up VR-4. Do you think I can find one for $7,000. Man his car is fast, I not prasing Honda but you have to props where is needed. Also he told he he ran a 13.9 on street tires on 6psi. Imagine 15psi on that fully built motor. He would have put on 15psi but I had to go to work. I WANT A TURBO CAR! :cry:

wait wait wait... you wanted to faint in a car that runs a 13.9? Why dont you want to get a GSX? It will be a lot cheaper than a 3000GT VR4. It will be hard to get one for that price in that year range. Try sitting in a modded DSM for an AWD launch.. that will put a 13.9 honda to shame in holy crap factor.

while that is impressive for a honda i am assuming that you havent been in too many fast cars if that impressed you. Try riding in a 11sec DSM. thats on a mainly stock engine.

I've seen way to many hondas come through with BUILT jdm motors that last a few months then go boom!

As far as the VR-4, i would say you are going to have a hell of a time finding one in that price range.

also dont rule out the DSM. i would say it has the best potential out of all the cars you listed.

:dsm: :laser: :talon:

Yeah but I don't want to buy A GSX and worry about the damn Tranny every time I launch. I almost fainted because first we were doing a 110 in fourth gear and he still has the stock braking system so I should have refrased that line. But I don't want to but a 4g63 and break sh*t. I mean loved the dsm family but I think I would not be a member for long. I want something that is faster and more reliable than C-Walk car. I want another car but I don't know what yet. Plus the 4g63s in Florida over over priced. I go to dealerships in Orange County and they try to sell me a 95 GS for 5k. When I was in Miami to buy an Eclipse at the time I was living in Fort Lauderdale all GST or GSX's I saw were in bad shape mechanic wise and they wanted the full value of it. If I can find one for reasonable price I probably look into it. But I am stuck with my 1996 RS for now :cry:

Bought my 95 talon AWD for 5k with 80k on it in Tampa. Afraid of Crankwalk?...get a 1st gen 6 bolt DSM. I still say go with the DSM twin turbos are expensive to mod. I know from experience that the 3S platform is a bi*** and costly. Still the choice is yours im just trying to save you some cash. If all you want is top end pull why not get an RX7 turbo. Hell.. an NA RX7 can put 110mph to shame. I bought a real cheap 86 RX7 years ago and modded it out. Was doing 130 in forth and still pulling... thats all motor. Of course you could go his route and buy a honda.. spend a good 10 grand to get it in the 13's while the DSM pulls the same numbers with about 1500 invested.

For all the money he had to invest to get that car to run a 13.9 I could invest the same on a Honda CRX and be running 11's or 12's - it's all a matter of platform.

I personally would take a car that's already turbo over having to turbo an N/A - less headaches and same fun value :thumb:

You guys miss understood me. He ran a high 13 on 6PSI :barf: He said he never turn it up to 15PSI which is I'm guessing low 12/s or high 11's. But I am not going to buy a honda unless it is a NSX or S2000 I not crazy abouth the another except for these. Okay if a can find 4g63 I may buy it. But if I can't find one for a reasonable price than I am goning after a 240sx 1995 and up. If I can't find that then I am going to turbo 420a. :thumb:

First of all 6psi? if he has a fully built motor what kind of idiot rebuilds it with high compression pistons when they are going turbo? so thats one reasons i think he could be BSing and second 13.9 fast what are u serious its quick, but my dads new E55 runs a 12.4 bone stock :p that is what you call a gutwrenching ride, my goal to be faster than him some day ;)

Stop looking for cars and start looking for grammar lessons. I can't understand half of what you've typed.

On a side note, I guess any car can seem fast compared to another one. :shhh:

yeah actually the 240sx with the skyline swap isnt that bad of a car. Oh and the reason the honda isnt running 15psi is cause he would blow the motor.

He did not build the engine with high compression pistons okay. Why would someone rebuild an engine and know he is going to turbo it with with high compression pistons. That would be an extemely stupid thing to do. I know you guys see Honda's guys are dumb a** but this guy know what he is doing. The engine won't blow at 15psi, he has a standlone system so that won't be a problem to adjust the car to 15psi. Now if he had turn up the boost to 15psi with the car fuel set at 6psi then he would have blown the motor. :thumb:

Also if he let me take a picture of his engine bay I will post it. Thats if he lets me. Know ones knows this car is that fast especially because he has the stock hub caps on. Don't ask me why he has those paper plates on? Thats what you call a true follower of the : sleeper look. :confused:

I don't post here to often but, if he is running some gigantic turbo like you say he is on only 6psi and only doin 13.9 the car sucks. Also dont expect that car to run high 11's on 15lbs HAHA... honestly go with either a 1g dsm(great platform and great for beginners make sure u have a DD :p) or go with a 240 with a sr20 swap... g/l

also traction comes into play...... turn the boost up and get no where cause the tires just spin. its a common problem any of the FWD guys know about.

haha yes... my 97 gst stock daily driver on the t25 at 15lbs can loose traction haha POS t25

What in the bloody hell this has to do with DSMs escapes me. Locked.

I dont' think raising the boost from 6 to 15 psi is going to drop 2 sec off his 1/4 mile time.

I also don't know why this is in this forum? It has nothign to do with N/T turbo conversion. :confused:

I'd rather not have this go into any further flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back