The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Turbine housing options

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1992awdlaser

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2004
Wallace, North_Carolina
I am thinking about getting a t3 turbine housing for my g50 in the future. Does anybody know of any that wil work with it? From the reading I have done the only thing I have found that MIGHT work is this one. T31 Exhaust housing for StageIII (76 trim) turbine wheel: atpturbo.com

Will that one work? What a/r would you reccomend? I was thinking of the .63 a/r housing but am not sure what would work best with this turbo. The car is a drag car also, don't really care about street manners.

If you have the G50 (unless slowboy switched CHRAs), then yes you will need the T31 wheel housing. As far as optimizing a T3 setup, a .63 housings is commonly regarded as the 'best of both worlds'. If you are serious about no street manners and want the top end, you may want to consider the .82AR if they even make one.

Yeah, I am not sure what wheel my G50 has. From the searching I did I was guessing that was the right housing to bolt on to it. The link I provided they do offer a .82 a/r one for it also. Street manners means nothing to me. Once I build the engine and get rid of the 50 trim my next turbo will be either a sc63 or t67. Either way it will be journal bearing. Thanks for the help.

Well, that sounds like a plan :) The one piece of advice I have for you is don't fix a 50trim if it ain't broke. I recently spent $200 on a brand new bolt on housing from PTE and wish I hadnt. Although I love my bb50, I wish I had sold the bb50, kept the extra 200 and bought a larger turbo. Oh well.

I know what you mean. I am just thinking about getting one to see how far I can push this turbo. First I am going to try and run 10's with the bolton housing and a stock bottom end. Then I might buy a t3 housing to compare and see how much more I can get out of it. Of course if I do that I will share the results and include some datalogs from each one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back