The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

trying to get more air

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipsemn13

Probationary Member
Sep 1, 2003
LAke Como, New_Jersey
i have been trying to find a way to get more air into my engine/turbo. The only thing i can think of is drilling a hole threw the chassis where the old stock intercooler was and running a cold air. Anyone have an ideas. And any thoughts on how to get rid of alot of engine heat without either chopping the hood or going with a carbon fiber vented? What hood would someone recomend

We need to have a little talk :D

I see in your profile that you are wishing for a "stock turbo". Um, ok :D

Anyway, if you are approaching the flow limits of you system, a CAI isn't going to do a whole lot. For example, since it has been getting down into the 50s at night here, I have been doing some logging. With the cooler air, I have been pulling in about 1.2lbs/min more air mass than normal.

Not really a huge deal when you look at the "grand scheme" of things.

The best thing you can look into is a turbo upgrade......now that's the ticket.
By upgrading and properly supporting my turbo (other than using the stock catback :p ), I picked up around 12 - 13lbs/min of air.

Tell me that doesn't :rocks:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back