The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Trying to get to the track tomorrow, help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PM sent, get back to me with as much info as you can and i'll write you up a couple of maps tonight, based on if your setup is accurate then i see a lot of areas where you could improve depending on the variables i asked about

PM sent, get back to me with as much info as you can and i'll write you up a couple of maps tonight, based on if your setup is accurate then i see a lot of areas where you could improve depending on the variables i asked about

I really appreciate the help, especially from you.

Wideband is dead on and I'm running on E85 which is probablely E70 right now in these winter months. I rev to around 8-8500 at the track. The boost is right at 35psi in it's current configuration.

I'll post another log when I ran during the shootout with major boost leaks. I have them all fixed but my IDC is going sky high... I need to fix this before I can do anything really. Ricky does my tuning but it just kept leaning out on the top end due to lack of fuel.

So far I've pulled my in tank pump and my booster pump and everything seems fine. Also took the FPR apart and checked the diaphragm and spring. I can also blow through my inline filter with ease so I'm at a loss... I'm guessing one of my pumps is failing? I'm thinking of ordering a 400lph pump and replacing the in tank pump just for kicks?

Attachments

• log.2011.08.21-02.elg
    59.2 KB · Views: 46
What "load area" in the DSMlink maps is roughly 35psi? I'm used to cell based systems but most either read in kpa or psi, so the 0 to 3.4 in DSMlink i don't know what it represents.. help me on that and i have some maps already strewn together that i need to make sure i'm good on the load areas first

also are you using LC1WB or AFRestimate_old or whatever it's called to log AFR's?

Glenn, there's a logged value called LoadFactor which will tell you the load seen at a certain point in time. So in Charlie's latest posted log, he's seeing a peak load around 3.0 at 35 psi.

In my opinion, your SD table is off, seeing that your AFRatioEst and LC-1 readings don't line up. It's good to see your BoostEst and MAP lines are practically on top of each other.

Have you checked out the SD WOT Excel sheet posted up on the link forums? It will pretty much tune WOT for you, as long as you input the data properly.

Thanks snowboarder.. his GMmap and BoostEst are showing 45psi and he said he's runing 35psi, is there a correction value to that

In which log are you looking? I'm seeing 34-35 psi in both logs for both MAP and BoostEst values.

If one of those two is off, than the SD table is incorrect and is inflating airflow values.

Charlie, you also should run the v3 TPS wizard.
http://www.dsmlink.com/wiki/v3tpsadj

Also, if your SD table adjustments don't get your IDC %'s down, you will probably need larger injectors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I[m no where near as versed in ECMlink as i am in normal stand alone SD systems so some of the MAF stuff throws me off, but your fuel sliders are all pulled to -5.9% above4k RPM so that might be you're leaning out issue, but i'm basically just trying to write you some good timing tables and tweak the plain SD maps ..

another question,,, does it use the min and max octane timing and fuel maps (accessed under f8 from log) when operating in SD mode?

boost est and gm3.3bar are both showing 45 psi in the log in post # 3 right now

PPLus the timing maps in cell form aren't lining up with the values given then i find the timing sliders have been adjusted.. MY way of doing it would be to always leave those things zeroed out and change the values in the cells, this will teach you so muich more about tuning and running a load vs. RPM cell based map system and troubleshooting them as well as making nice clean curves

Last edited by a moderator:
Glenn, sounds like you may have your unit preferences set to display psia and not psi.

It will almost always us the max tables for fuel and timing. I have yet to run into a time when it uses the min tables.

If it was me Charlie, I would do all my adjustments in either the DA tables (highly recommended) or the sliders. Using both gets confusing as then you have to take both adjustments into account. I would zero out your fuel and timing sliders and go from there. You can just up the timing table 5-7° in the area that you hit (using track datalog to see).

I'm also seeing 35psi max.

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to teach me. I have your spreadsheet from over on the ecmlink forums but I need to figure this fuel things out. I think I'm going to order the 400lph pump and replace my 255 in tank wally.

Do you have one or two in tank pumps? Your profile says dual, which should easily be able to support your airflow.

One in tank and one in the engine bay. I removed and inspected them both. I tested the external pump with a spare battery and it came on and I can hear the in tank pump. I'm not sure why I'm not able to get enough fuel unless one of the pumps has failed or failing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back