The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Transmission weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobbern

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 26, 2003
oslo, Europe
Hi!

My tranny\t-case blew and I found a replacement in Texas and one in NYC.

What I am trying to figure out is the weight of the tranny and t-case and also the dimension the box would have to be. This is very important, I need to get a shipping quote so I know how much money I have to save up.

For a 50x50x50cm 100lbs box FedEx charges 319$ from TX.

Best regards
Tobias

AWD trans weighs 125 pounds. Transfer case is approximately 35 pounds. A 75x75x75 cm box should be big enough.

thanks for the answer :thumb:

guess i'm looking at 565$ for the tranny\t-case using fedex intl economy freight WTF

Why dont you get a trucking company to ship it for you? In the past I've paid about $125 on shipping form California to Washington state on shipping, and you wont need a box they strap it on a pallet and off it goes. :talon:

Waredtalontsi said:
Why dont you get a trucking company to ship it for you? In the past I've paid about $125 on shipping form California to Washington state on shipping, and you wont need a box they strap it on a pallet and off it goes. :talon:

umm dude i'm in europe ROFL

but thanks for the tip though..it's the thought that counts :thumb:

Best regards
Tobias

crap, for that much money... bring a suitcase and a cheap plane ticket and bring it home yourself.. LOL... that's silly for 6 weeks to deliver anything.

1G AWD transmission parts weight

Hi, maybe for some of you this information is useless as this don't qualify for weight reduction but for someone that is rebuilding a transmission outside USA its a precious info because of the high shipping costs. With that info I split the parts that I needed in two flat rate shipping boxes and I saved around $80 on the shipping cost.

Heres I found with a weight scale:

All the parts were removed from a 1992 AWD 5 speed transmission

Front Diff: 7.2Kg (15.9 lbs)
Center Diff 4Kg (8.8lbs)
Transfer case with oil inside: 15.5Kg (34.2lbs)

Transaxle case (without gearing but with shifting forks and guides): 20.2Kg (44.5lbs)
VCU LSD: 2.3Kg ( 5.1 lbs)
Intermediate Shaft Assembly: 6.3Kg (13.9lbs)
Intermediate Shaft (only the shaft, without gearing): 2.9Kg (6.4 lbs)
Input Shaft Assembly: 4.2Kg (9.3lbs)
Input Shaft (only the shaft, without gearing) : 1.5Kg (3.3lbs)

Maybe this info help someone

thanks for the space

Hi!

My tranny\t-case blew and i found a replacement in texas and one in nyc.

What i am trying to figure out is the weight of the tranny and t-case and also the dimension the box would have to be.

This is very important, i need to get a shipping quote so i know how much money i have to save up.

For a 50x50x50cm 100lbs box fedex charges 319$ from TX..

Best regards
Tobias
Hi!
Did you manage to have your trannsmission shipped?
If yes, how did you do that?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back