The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

transmission issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdabishop

Proven Member
Nov 9, 2012
mesa, Arizona
Well im not allowed to post in drivetrain yet.

Last night driving on the Highway my talon tsi auto just dropped in speed all of a sudden and when i hit the gas it revs and no go so i try and pull over and it won't go into gear then its smoking and smells like trans fluid burning and sure enough its leaking and now won't go into any gear.

I appreciate the help as this is my first dsm and never has this issue.

Is it totally shot or can it be fixed?

First check the fluid level with the car in neutral and parking brake on. if it's full or close to it then check the color. the more brown the fluid is the more green it will cost to fix it. and if you can definetly pin point the leak.

Check the tranny fluid cooling lines for leaks or breaks with it being all of a sudden, i bet one fell off or split.

Check all lower lines. I damaged one of mine years ago off road and tits went up. Simple fix take the damaged section out/replace and you are off.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back