The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Traction Control on the strip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardB

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Rotherham, Europe
I've got my PB down to a 9.55 at 160mph not too shabby for a FWD, but talking to a lot of the fast *cough* Honda FWD cars they all run traction control, most on Motec. So does anyone run traction control, if so what type and how do you find it? what difference has it made to your times?

Most who have DSMlink and are FWD run links boost control solenoid which allows boost by gear. Only thing I can think of that is close to a TC feature for DSM's.

ECMTuning, Inc.

Thanks I already have boost by gear by rpm so I already have a good control over what boost I pull when but Traction control should help even further.

If there are no mass produced options out there, there is still a way to get same results.

You would have to add two separate speed sensors for traction control. One will go on a front wheel, one on the back. A comparing circuit would be responsible for signalling if front is spinning faster than rear (AKA slipping). That signal can then be used for either dumping some boost, changing fuel delivery and/or timing, or simply signalling to the driver "Hey, you'r spinning!"

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back