The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Top end sputter under heavy acceleration

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilRedSpyder

Proven Member
May 2, 2019
Livingston, Louisiana
So I swapped my trans a while back and the car started missing bad. Since then I’ve replaced the following: spark plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump, maf & air filter(adapter-cone). Car has a new fuel tank and I’ve jow ran a cpl bottles of injector cleaner and use only 93 octane fuel. Checked all vacuum lines and checked that I’m not losing fire thru my wires anywhere that I can see in total darkness.
It’s only sputtering on the upper end of my gears and under hard acceleration, if I lift off the pedal and ease into it she runs strong. I also bypassed my fuel pressure regulator temporarily to rule it out as the problem and nothing changed. Anyone had this problem or have any idea what could be causing it?? Any help is appreciated.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back