The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Tony's 2G Makes Terrorizing Power - 666 WHP / 525 WTQ - FP 35R - Mustang Dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boostin Performance

Proven Member
Jan 7, 2014
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Tony's 2g came across the boarder from Wisconsin, with only one thing on his mind......a 9 second time slip.

We put the finishing touches on his beautiful 2GA Talon which included rebuilding the trans with a Evo 3 gear set, and welding his center diff. Tony recently installed a tubular rear subframe, so a Boostin Performance Race Alignment and Corner Balancing setup was next on the list.

Last year Tony's 2G made 624 whp / 476 wtq on our Mustang Dyno, and ran a best of 10.2 @ 146mph in the 1/4 mile. This year it's a completely different animal, with a little more boost.... 666 whp & 525 wtq on a bolt on FP HTA 35R! We think with a better 60 ft (due to the welded diff), and this new found power, Tony's 9 second pass should be within his grasp. :)

MODS:
* Boostin Performance Ported Stage 3 Head w/ Kelford 272 Cams
* Boostin Performance Stage 3 Short Block -10.5:1 Compression
* Boostin Performance Ported Evo III Intake Manifold
* FP Bolt on HTA 35R Turbocharger
* Fuel Injector Clinic 2150cc Injectors on E85
* DSMLink V3 Speed Density Tune

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Nice, sorry I missed that.

No worries! :)

Whooo fat power band can't wait to see nines from this car but hold up this year you guys run sevens with a car named Red Demon then Tonys 666 hp you guys make deal with somebody?

Haha. You would think right? But no, it's just Devin's great tuning!

I come back months later to the forums.......this still just blows me away. A BOLT ON! That's no dynojet either. Mustang dyno.
I would still be very impressed with this if it were a fwd/mt on a more "generous" dyno.
If it were an auto i would expect a 9.5 w that kind of TQ and HP. Maybe even lower depending on weight.

If i lived a bit closer i would've called y'all a long time ago. Keep up the amazing work

Went back to Boostin this May for a retune. I mixed my own fuel for E85.This was the result...

Attachments

• 706awhp May 2016 001.jpg
    706awhp May 2016 001.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 229
Man I have to say im impressed, your tuner must be a beast! Thanks for the pic. Nice clean work under the hood, the combo of the two manis and that turbo with those #s alone speak volumes. Keep up the good work. Catch can setup to turbo intake :thumb:
Following your machine subscribed!

Are those -10 lines on the vale cover? The car looks great hope to see you at the shootout this year.

They are -10 lines. The 90 degree fittings hit the hood, I had to cut away part of the structural part of the hood to make them fit. I should have had the fittings welded sticking straight out the side or right on the bend of the valve cover for a better fit. I hope to make it to the shootout this year too. The more power the car makes the more weak points that show up :-/.

They are -10 lines. The 90 degree fittings hit the hood, I had to cut away part of the structural part of the hood to make them fit. I should have had the fittings welded sticking straight out the side or right on the bend of the valve cover for a better fit. I hope to make it to the shootout this year too. The more power the car makes the more weak points that show up :-/.[/QUOT.
Yeah that's what I'm worried about. I'm hoping there's more room under a 1g hood guess I'll find out. Thxs for the info!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back