The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

HX-40 powered 2g hits the Mustang Dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMraver

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2003
Berkley, Michigan
We put my Talon on the Mustang dyno over at Speed Industry in Troy MI today to dial in speed density calibration on my car, and to get some higher boost tuning done. My setup is listed below for parts reference.

I ended up hitting my goal of 430whp at 31psi with a bunch of tuning room at 12.0 AFR(gas) and 14* timing from 4500 up, so we ended the day there. I still have a Magnus intake manifold to install, but I'm happy with what she put down. The car is on 100% pump E85 fuel. I know it's got more in it, but I need to put a built transmission in the car before I break something. I've also only got an MBC on the car, and the WG has a 1bar spring, so more boost was out of the question.

Here's the last pull:
YouTube - 98 TSi AWD - Speed Industry Dyno 8-18-09
YouTube - 98 TSi AWD - Speed Industry Dyno 8-18-09

Uncorrected #'s from Speed Industry's Mustang Dyno:
434WHP / 369WTQ
Dyno sheet
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2674/3835342248_f08cb513e7_b.jpg

According to what they've seen as far as Evos, 430whp on SI's dyno translates into ~130mph traps, so I'm happy with that!

More videos to come, I've got to upload the rest.

As for what's in the car, it has a stock 6-bolt long block with ARP head-studs and rod-bolts, Bolt-on 60mm 6/12 blade HX-40, FP2 cams using stock gears, stock intake manifold, homebrew SS header, 1550cc FIC injectors, AMS FMIC, ECMlink V3 in SD, and it's got a Thompson Racing Fab DSM flanged 3" o2 housing with 38mm tial, recirculated into a 3" cat-back.

The owner Jan has been great to work with, he really let me run the show how I wanted to, I'd highly recommend their shop for dyno time. Speed Industry, LLC.

ECMlink log!!!

What a fun day to take part in.

BTW, you forgot to mention that you also have twin 255 walbro fuel pumps too.

Fantastic results! You're runing so much stock stuff! Stock 7.8:1CR and stock intake manifold.

Which 6blade hx40 is it? There's a 56mm inducer billet/non-billet wheel, and then there's of course the 60mm billit/non-billet wheel.

I know you mentioned you were tired in the other thread. But don't forget the Results Thread when you get a chance :)

Fantastic results! You're runing so much stock stuff! Stock 7.8:1CR and stock intake manifold.

Which 6blade hx40 is it? There's a 56mm inducer billet/non-billet wheel, and then there's of course the 60mm billit/non-billet wheel.

I know you mentioned you were tired in the other thread. But don't forget the Results Thread when you get a chance :)

60mm. I want to pick up a billet 7/12 cartridge to try out, they're cheap enough!

I've actually got the "rough draft" of that post in another tab... I'll go finish that now!

EDIT: Posted in the results thread, and posted the datalog in the first post also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back