The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Tired of Repetitive Questions? Help us build an FAQ

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aren't a lot of those things covered in the VFAQ and 1000 already answered questions?
I learned alot from those sites, as well as just browsing various message boards..

What is the Best/Loudest/Cheapest Exhuast?

OMG I swear I see this every day. Like 2-3 posts about it. Grrr :barf:

i'm not sure if this would help or is alittle bit to newb

but i just started a thread about what tools you should use / need for your DSM

obvsiously the most tools the better but i've heard many ppl say that your work is only as good as the tools you use.

i think something like if your goin to plan on modding make sure you have the right tools. I've heard you can break things when trying to put a square peg in a round hole (lamens terms)

here is a link to the thread.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185211

WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT?!

How wide of a tire can i fit on my stock rim?
What offset should i be looking for with a 17x7, 17x7.5, 17x8,18x7.5 etc...?
I have a x.x" drop, will i rub?

ANTOHER IDEA:
A tire review? Obviously it shouldn't be termed under a FAQ, but i think a review from actual tire owners ( as opposed tp the ones posted on tirerack.com etc..) should be on the site somewhere, i know i can account for 3 different performance tires, and I'm sure there's many other with feedback as well....

just a suggestion..

i think that thier also needs to be a poll section where everyone can vote on some of thier favorite products to use. I don't mean like which exhuast or anything, but like which fluid to use in tranny and t-case, or what brake fluid, or which brake pad is the best. i think that this will also cut down on pointless threads. Good luck

Alright, I would like to see something about exhaust manifLOLds. I see one CONSTANTLY with people thinking they need to run a tubular header.

I also agree about a big either sticky or FAQ about exhausts.

But the thing that absloutely bothers me the most is people's lack of research. Most of the time a simple search through the parts catalog, or looking through different vendors will answer what they want. But no one seems to ever want to put forth the time to actually look for some of this stuff. Hence why we seem to end up with the whole front "In the forums" page filled with sumb questions. Which i feel makes the rest of us seem a little silly.

So yeah, Manifolds, exhaust, and searching/research. Maybe something about fuel pumps too. But thats another example of people not searching/researching. All this information is out there if people would just look for it. But very few people seem to want to even try.

Thank god for peoples infatuation with instant gratification.:rolleyes:

P.S. I also agree with the tire guide. What ofsets you need for different sizes and widths. But make one more geared to 1g's too.

staticbrainwash said:
Hence why we seem to end up with the whole front "In the forums" page filled with sumb questions. Which i feel makes the rest of us seem a little silly.
That's why I don't like to visit the "Newbie Forum". Some of the questions there have answers that are so easy to find... it makes me question my faith in humanity.

Here's the 2G offset "guide".

Yeah, that 2g ofset page is nice, but i want to see something for 1g's too. I know i could probably search through tuners and put one together, but i would like to see one from someone who actually tries all of the diferent offsets for different size wheels.

The manifold and exhaust ones are my biggest bother though. I mean, i agree with the above. Just look through the newbie section and look at all the repeat threads from even the same month.

It just shows EXACTLY how people are NOT searching and NOT using the vfaq/faq (on tuners) and NOT looking through vendor sites.

Ok,

Here is somthing for the first gens. We have an upgrade path page, But before the upgrades can be done, one must make sure the car can support its basic functionality. For example. The last two talons that I have owned have both had the same problems in the SAME ORDER. First a heater hose would go. Then it was the other heater hose. Then the radiator would get a leak. Then the altenator would fail. Next it would be one of the rear calipers locking up. Then the other caliper would loose the inner pad and it would be piston to rotor. My point is that I think we need a general checklist of parts to replace before one heads down the path of modifications. Oh yeah I also had to replace the clutch slave on one and now my clutch slave is about to fail on this one.

pianoman said:
Ok,

Here is somthing for the first gens. We have an upgrade path page, But before the upgrades can be done, one must make sure the car can support its basic functionality. For example. The last two talons that I have owned have both had the same problems in the SAME ORDER. First a heater hose would go. Then it was the other heater hose. Then the radiator would get a leak. Then the altenator would fail. Next it would be one of the rear calipers locking up. Then the other caliper would loose the inner pad and it would be piston to rotor. My point is that I think we need a general checklist of parts to replace before one heads down the path of modifications. Oh yeah I also had to replace the clutch slave on one and now my clutch slave is about to fail on this one.

i agree. Maybe a sticky in the newbie forums would help. Something like a checklist to review when either buying a used dsm, or just trying to refresh your current one. For example, Satan (a.k.a. Dealers) post, in thier service department, at what mileage one should look to replace certain parts. Like a timing belt at or before 60k miles. I'm pretty sure that if this site's members composed a list of everything they have had to replace, the total would result in every single part of the car OMG . So I would say maybe do a poll, take the top 10 to 20 responses and make a checklist for the most common

I think it's great to post stickies or a section about this all. But i still maintain that most people (and the biggest reason for repeats) is that lack of searching.

Two that I've seen a lot of/been asked on PMs are:

1) How to upgrade the fuel system using stainless line and -AN fittings

2) How to mount/install gauge sending units

How about a list of supporting mods for common turbos, 14b 16g 20g 50 and 60 trim. I coulda swore there was one, but I searched for 2 hrs last night and couldnt find it.

part Identification numbers for stock parts?
like which cam is this? where did this c.a.s. come from?
which trans is this?
like this...
the number printed or stamped on the part-- part name-- year and model it came from.

I know that would be a big one and take a while to make but IMO it would help alot..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back