The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

tire selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwdsm

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 28, 2005
Scenery Hill, Pennsylvania
I am running a hoosier 245/45/16 R3S03, on my kosei 16x8.5's. I clear the inner knuckle by 1-2mm. If i decide to switch to a street tire which ones would have the same profile? I need to clear so I need a tire with little to no side wall tread. Any suggestions are welcome.
thanks,
Dave

225/50's should be about the same... I'll get the exact dimensions for you at work today and post them up tonight.

I have 2 sets of wheels, Track and street. I would like to fit 245/235's on the track wheels. I already have 225's on the street wheels..
Is this travis b?
-Dave

Yes sir. And I take that back... 225's would be dumb on a 8.5" width... 235/45 has a nice profile but I'm not too sure how many you'll find in a 16"... What size are your street rims?

So that's why it sounds like hell at idle... haha, just kidding... Its running strong. The 16g, although fun from red light to red light, is kinda getting old... Mario put a damn good tune on it... has a GM 3 bar now so the boost gauge was 4psi off. He has it around 19psi currently and like I said 1st and 2nd are nasty but after that you can tell its a 16g.

Street wheels are 18x7.5's with an evo offset. I run 225's on those wheels. And know what your thinking, I have no money just a huge credit card bill and extra work to pay on this money pit. Plus the car I drive everyday is an absolute turd. The other day I used the roof as a ladder to change the houses outside light and there is a big hole in the door that I kick each time I have my steel-toe boots on. So I have no money and that is why I don't want to keep putting on slicks. Plus I want to change my wheels prior to the event not when I get there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back