The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

General Timing/Fuel map review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bling5tatus

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 23, 2005
DFW/Austin, Texas
Hello everyone,

I've had my car for quite some time now and usually tweak the tune every couple times I drive it. I take it to work which is a 40mi round trip every day. The car feels pretty good and it's only been street tuned by me. I'm posting my timing/fuel maps in an effort to see if any of you that are more experienced than me can spot anything that could be improved. Again, it works pretty well as it is. One of my main concerns is that my "global" fuel is ~160. This term isn't the same in TunerPro as it is in DSMLink so I'm just using a word that everyone will most closely associate with something they're already familiar with. In TunerPro it's called "fuel pressure offset" and will allow you to adjust global fueling to adjust for things like increased static fuel pressure, small variations in injectors when the voltage offset (deadtime) doesn't get it perfect, or for different fuels to name a few.

My Fuel Pressure Offset is "too high" I think because it should be in the 120 range. Everything else about the tune works well, it idles well, accel/decel work well, the AFR stays the same regardless of what accessories have been turned on or off, and it cruises well.

It was my understanding that you should set the VE cells to 50 around your idle area and then adjust Fuel Pressure Offset to be accurate for your fuel/pressure (I think mine **should be around 130 for E85), and then set your deadtime until the car idles at the proper AFR. I **think the reason my Fuel Pressure Offset is so high is because there's some sort of restriction in my system, although I'm not sure where. I have a 450LPH pump in tank feeding 1000cc PTE's on a stock rail through a -6AN line from the tank. I do not log fuel pressure so I cannot say what that's doing but at idle it's got proper pressure according to the regulator's gauge.

The car is "fine" but I hope that some of you detectives can help me maybe figure out where the bottle neck is and/or potentially offer some advice for improving the fuel/ignition maps I've already fiddled. Thank you, and I encourage you to use this thread for the same purpose. Use the Windows "snipping tool" to take a screenshot of your maps. This may be better than posting your tune for people to view because not everyone uses the same tuning tools to make their car run.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The maps look pretty but I know nothing about TunerPro, I might be able to help you find any issues with your fuel system though. @95GSXracer is the owner of Six Sigma Tuning and has a great Fuel System Troubleshooting tech article that shows you how to find the limits of your fuel system. SST : Fuel System Troubleshooting

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back