The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Time for another episode of "Name That Part" (or...."WTF did I break??")

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

femmeDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 31, 2004
D/FW, Texas
So I was randomly poking at things under my hood today, and I dropped a wrench on the intake plenum, and something flew off.... :coy:
It was just a little brittle plastic/rubber piece, but it left this exposed (see pic), and got me curious as to what it is.....
The little plastic cap must have been old, because it broke into several pieces when the wrench hit it....
I checked my Chilton, and the DSM Shop Manual, but to no avail. W-T-F is this? I am now dying of curiosity.....

(p.s. pay no attention to the leaves and acorns under my hood.....haha. kthanks.)

Attachments

• mysterious_part.jpg
    mysterious_part.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 631
This was over 7 months ago, I don't think she had Wiseman status then. Anyway, anyone can learn a LOT about a car in a 7 month period, especially being on DSMTuners alot and constantly working on the car. What's wrong about that?

nothing is wrong with that, i myself am one of them...and if she wasnt at the wiseman status at the time of the post then i am sorry for the comment, it was just ironic how in the posts after the first it said i am not new to dsm's at all, yet didnt know that the empty space was for a vital part of the car

jongreene said:
rather old thread but i cant get over this.....DSM wiseman but didnt know what or where the PCV was?.....:nono:

Complete understanding of every nut and bolt on the car is not one of the criteria for wiseman selection. Although thorough general knowledge or extensive specific knowledge are necessary, it’s attitude that is the primary selection factor. A wiseman must be willing to take the time to help others by sharing their knowledge. Most of the wisemen are not mechanics or automotive engineers by trade and many of them, including myself, learned most of what they know about DSM’s from this site.

When I see an older post by one of our wisemen, asking a newbie-ish question, I think it’s pretty cool to see where they have come from and how they have used the information here to learn and grow. It’s a sign that the site does what it’s supposed to do.

Do you have what it takes to be a wiseman?

wret said:
Complete understanding of every nut and bolt on the car is not one of the criteria for wiseman selection. Although thorough general knowledge or extensive specific knowledge are necessary, it's attitude that is the primary selection factor. A wiseman must be willing to take the time to help others by sharing their knowledge. Most of the wisemen are not mechanics or automotive engineers by trade and many of them, including myself, learned most of what they know about DSM's from this site.

did not know that ^...and i too learned basically everything i know about DSM's from this site, it's a godsend....I'm still fairly new but learn quick and always love to help someone by sharing my knowledge, if thats what it takes to be a wiseman count me in

Last edited by a moderator:
wret said:
Complete understanding of every nut and bolt on the car is not one of the criteria for wiseman selection. Although thorough general knowledge or extensive specific knowledge are necessary, it’s attitude that is the primary selection factor. A wiseman must be willing to take the time to help others by sharing their knowledge. Most of the wisemen are not mechanics or automotive engineers by trade and many of them, including myself, learned most of what they know about DSM’s from this site.

When I see an older post by one of our wisemen, asking a newbie-ish question, I think it’s pretty cool to see where they have come from and how they have used the information here to learn and grow. It’s a sign that the site does what it’s supposed to do.

Well said Ron, I still get a kick out of reading some of my old threads prior to becoming a wiseman. ROFL Further more, I'm still learning everyday.

did not know that ^...and i too learned basically everything i know about DSM's from this site, it's a godsend....I'm still fairly new but learn quick and always love to help someone by sharing my knowledge, if thats what it takes to be a wiseman count me in
You can start with proper grammar, punctuation and capitalization first, all else aside. ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back