The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Thermal N/T Exhaust on GS-T?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LxiMax

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
Probably a stupid question, but I can't see the stock GST exhaust flowing better then the Thermal N/T exhaust. Reason I'm asking is because I can pick up a N/T one for dirt cheap. And I also like dual tips. :) I'll also add that I'm not looking to make big power with this car.

Is it a full exhaust or catback? the catback should work but thats it. whats the diameter of the exhaust?

The 420a and FWD 4g63 cat-back exhausts are interchangeable.

The Thermal R&D exhaust has the same size diameter as the stock exhaust which is 2.25".

Just do it if you're considering a new exhaust. Maybe even pick up headers and a downpipe at a decent price. I spent a bit and got a Megan Racing catback and some ebay headers and downpipe, and it sounds really good. It has a low rumble, not honda rice or a fart can sound.

A lot of the reason it has a low rumble, besides diameter, is the turbo itself kills a lot of the rasp and high frequencies whereas a 1.6 or 1.8 Honda motor just sounds terrible 24/7 regardless of exhaust. You can have a 3" exhaust on a B16 and it still sounds horrid.

Oh, and 4g63s do not require "headers". There would be only a single header or manifold, depending on which route you go.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back