The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Thermal exhaust position?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwitchSkier

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Bellevue, Washington
I've had my Thermal on the GSX for a few months now, but I am really getting tired of the amount of smoke that is staining my brand new rear 2gb bumper. It looks like the exhaust sits pretty far under the bumper, and doesn't stick out very much. Is that how thermal is? When I put on the new bumper, I have to yank down on the exhaust a bit to bend the hangars because it would hit the bumper, so my hangars could be messed up. But how far out does your Thermal 3"s sit from the bumper? I am thinking about going to town on all the hangars with a hammer to bring it out about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch.

Not far, mine stains teh rear bumber just above the outlet as well. Since the hangars are rubber you could either make your "test pipe" a bit longer than teh cat to extend it out some more. Or weld a couple extra flanges to the cat and cat back to indcrease teh length on teh exhaust over all. These are just thoughts, i haven't tried them yet, but i have a gasket going bad between teh test pipe and cat-back so i may get to see soon enough.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back