The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

thermal exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylegsx

Probationary Member
Nov 29, 2002
flint, Michigan
does anyone have a thermal exhaust system? i have a 91gsx and i was thinking about one but i dont know what they sound like or for performance. if anybody has one can you tell me how the sound is or maybe record it. maybe any other exhaust system that has good sound not to hi-pitched or boggy.

the thermal exhaust im assuming the catback.. its a 3" system but necks down to fit to stock dp/cat.. get a full turbo-back exhaust and it will perform.. i personally like the thermal catback.. full stainless steel.. nice look to it..

I love mt thermal, Great sound and performes well. Although for some reason my car was posted on another site(that I am not a member of) and bashed saying it looked like a grapefruit shooter.

Yes it does neck down and I will have to get it modified to fit a full 3" turbo back system, but thats fine. Its a great system. Fit perfect. It fits a 2.5" to the thermal great. Did I mention that the fit was perfect.

There are pics of the grapefruit shooter in my gallery

I have the Thermal Cat Back on my '91 GSX. I haven't removed the neck yet, still waiting on my DP. The sound is deep and roars when you gun it. It's loud at idle in the garage but once the car warms up and your outside people might not even notice it. (at idle)

There is a picture of the rear with it installed in my gallery.

Steve

I have a full 3'' from the turbo back and it sound great. Fit and finish is very good.

You can't go wrong with.

plus you won't say why didn't i get a 3'' system.

I have a 3" downpipe, 3" tespipe, and 3" Thermal cat-back section and it does indeed sound deep and throaty, but I'm not a huge fan of the way it looks on my 1g. Just my .02 cents....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back