The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

The Official "What Should I Spend Money On?" Thread [Merged 10-6]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One more thing, get the LINK!!! Dsmlink all the way and a cheap laptop from ebay or something to keep in the car. Then your set, and maybe a full body kit from a white 97-99. That would hottness. :thumb:

James :dsm:

Time for some cosmetics then i guess. Either way, good luck. And is dsmlink worth every penny, or just about every penny?

James :laser:

how long have u been over there? and what branch? i might be going next year. and skip the 35R, get a 40R or at least a 37R. and fp 3x cams and dual layer springs.:thumb:

okay i have a 98 GSX and a 95 Gsx, i have 16K to invest in the 98, Other then the Stage 3 shep Trans, and the 6 bolt Swop.. what should i invest in from DsmLink to 272 Cams, if you can list Mods that are most important to keep in mind please...

okay i have a 98 GSX and a 95 Gsx, i have 16K to invest in the 98, Other then the Stage 3 shep Trans, and the 6 bolt Swop.. what should i invest in from DsmLink to 272 Cams, if you can list Mods that are most important to keep in mind please...

What do you plan on doing with your car? drag, road-race, auto-x, Daily Driver/street machine?? That will make a big difference as to what mods you should buy.

Ludachris did you only go 109mph with 430hp? Im guessing 109 was on much less power.

$16,000 doesn't get "invested" in a ten year old car, it gets wasted on it.

My first modification would be selling it and buying something worth sinking that kind of money into.

My first modification would be selling it and buying something worth sinking that kind of money into.

Wow you sure are helpful aren't you.:rolleyes: What does it matter if he wants to spend $16K on his car, I wish I had that much to spend on mine.

But anyway to the OP tell us what you are looking to do with your car first and then we can help give you an idea on what type of stuff you should look at getting.

I don't think he exactly meant invest, and who are you to tell him what to do with his money? I WISH I had 15k to spend on my car. To the Op, what are your goals for the car? I'd recommend Jackstransmissions.com for your tranny. I have one and I LOVE mine. Jack is a beast, and he can build you a sic tranny for under 3k :thumb:

Wow you sure are helpful aren't you.:rolleyes: What does it matter if he wants to spend $16K on his car, I wish I had that much to spend on mine.

But anyway to the OP tell us what you are looking to do with your car first and then we can help give you an idea on what type of stuff you should look at getting.

Lol I think we posted at the same time, and our responses sounded quite alike.

F_ck yeah I get to spend someone else's money for once. :D

If you are doing a 6 bolt swap, build it forged while it is out!!!

ARP studs & MSL HG
Ported head, spring & retainers, 272 cams
Definitely DSMLink.
AFPR, 255 Walbro HP rewired & 1000 cc inj
ACT 2600 & Streetlite FW, hardened clutch fork, new pivot ball
Coilovers
Big brake upgrade & Hawk ceramic pads
Wideband
VERY good tires
3" turboback exhaust
Tubular O2 housing
FMIC & short route piping
50 trim BB turbo or better
Prothane motor mounts
Energy suspension bushings
Upgraded rear sway bar
Front & rear camber kit
MAFT & GM MAS

As bad as it sounds, Id have to agree. Im not telling you how to spend your money, its your choice. The better investment would probaly be to sell, and buy a newer car.

It's up to you and good luck with whatever you do.

He asked for an opinion on what parts he should buy with the money he has, not if he should sell his car or not... Maybe next time, keep your negativity to yourself. :thumb:

It's one thing to dump $16k into a dedicated project car with goals and a plan. It's another thing to sign up on a forum with no goals, no plan, and little to no research and ask random people to compile a parts list for you to blow your dead uncle's willed money on. That car has about 0% chance of success. Based on his extremely sparse information, I figured I'd give him some useful advice so he doesn't end up dropping a total of $20,000 on a 150k mile, ten year old car that's worth $4,000, leaves him stranded twice a money, has zero baller factor, and doesn't pick up the womenz. Or, he could go out and buy a used STi with that money that will be reliable, relatively baller, and actually worth more than the parts he'll install.

It's one thing to dump $16k into a dedicated project car with goals and a plan. It's another thing to sign up on a forum with no goals, no plan, and little to no research and ask random people to compile a parts list for you to blow your dead uncle's willed money on. That car has about 0% chance of success. Based on his extremely sparse information, I figured I'd give him some useful advice so he doesn't end up dropping a total of $20,000 on a 150k mile, ten year old car that's worth $4,000, leaves him stranded twice a money, has zero baller factor, and doesn't pick up the womenz. Or, he could go out and buy a used STi with that money that will be reliable, relatively baller, and actually worth more than the parts he'll install.

B.s. I know of a guy who just blew his head on an evo 9 mr because he was running 25 psi and a 75 shot of nos on a stock motor. It doesn't matter what you're driving, If you abuse it, it will break. If the guy is willing and able to spend 16k on a sports car, then all the power to him. Point him in the right direction, instead of saying it's a horrible idea. Judging from his post, he mentioned several parts, so I doubt this is the first time he has logged on a dsm forum.The kid has several cars and 16k, I'd hardly say he's hurting for money, so why the hell not?. If you think Dsm's are that much of a waste to spend money on, then honestly why are you on a Dsm enthusiast site?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back