The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Symtech 420A turbo manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitsu RacerX

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 25, 2006
On the beach, Mississippi
Was talking to one of my friends who turboed his DSM 420A and he showed me this manifold. Anybody ever use it? :confused:

SymTech Labs' very own 420A Race Manifold will be ready for release within approximately eight weeks. Please see the 420A Race Manifold press release for further details about the manifold, as well as pricing information. Log-style manifolds are finally a thing of the past!
http://www.symtechlabs.com/news/Race_Manifold2.pdf

there have been various other tube style manifolds for the 420A such as OBX and Turbonetics. will be interesting if this one takes off.

Does anyone know the poss, horspower gains or any tech. intell i have an obx and like itbut always want to upgrade,,i tried your link wouldnt let me view it.I will have to check this out.,,,,,,viper

The manifold will flow more exhaust than your 420a will likely ever produce.

Horsepower gains from this manifold will not be great, but should be seen in the upper RPM's.

The purpose of a manifold like this is two-fold; It reduces manifold pressure before the turbo, (which is bad for spool, but excellent for flow) and it is cast steel.

(and the price is right)

Thx locke,i hav had my car out and noticed more top end and the red line has changed ,before i did the obx intake an obx fuel rail i hit 147mph. with pedal to go,i bet if i go all out get it i could hit 165mph. with new obx manifold,before rd lined at 6.5,now it seems to be about 7.5 to 8ooo rpms. cant wait to get my mp 60mm.i so would like to build a 420a nt to crush the turbo cars just becouse no one has done it ,that i have seen,,,,## friend viper,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,by the way i love this site i have learned so much ,just by reading over the last 3 weeks thx to you guys

The manifold is a for turbocharged 420a's; you don't want it if you're remaining NT.

bullettdsm's NT car is faster than the majority of the turbo car's on this site.

You guys thing this is the "MSRP", or the price going to be cheaper? I'd be interested in this if it was a little less.

I'd venture to say that this will be the actual selling price. I'm sure that with time, the price will come down, though it really isn't that expensive. You have to remember, not only is the first of its kind for the 420a, it is also brand spanking new.

I'd venture to say that this will be the actual selling price. I'm sure that with time, the price will come down, though it really isn't that expensive. You have to remember, not only is the first of its kind for the 420a, it is also brand spanking new.

Oh ya no doubt about that. I mean that's great for us. We need more option for turbo manifolds. Just would like to see how much something like that would actually cost. Rough estimate, ya know?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back