The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

sway bar bushings - prothane dont fit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got Boooost

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 9, 2008
Airdrie, AB_Canada
Hi guys,
I've installed a total prothane bushing kit in my 2gb talon, and the front and rear sway bar bushings (19mm) are too small, with the bushings attached to the bar there is about a 1/2" open gap. Is there a way to tell if my sway bars are aftermarket? both the front and rear sway bars were red in color however over time the red paint has flaked off and they are not 100% red anymore, I'm not sure did the OE sway bars come from factory painted red?
Also I managed to bolt up the rear sway bar with the smaller bushing, however there is a gap and the bracket is pretty tight. Will having a gap and really tight bracket be doing more harm then good?
Lastly is there any cons about drilling the bushings to fit my sway bars?

Thanks for all the help.

If red and larger than OE, then probably RM bars. I know that bushings exist for those, as I had them, too. Do a search on this site for the correct size.

Factory bars were black, and like jtmcinder said they're probably RM Racing anti-sway bars. So you'll need a set of bushings to fit those.

On a good note though if those bushings you have for the front are in good condition I'll buy them off you. I need a set as I'm putting a stock front sway bar back on my car. PM me if interested.

Factory bars were black, and like jtmcinder said they're probably RM Racing anti-sway bars. So you'll need a set of bushings to fit those.

On a good note though if those bushings you have for the front are in good condition I'll buy them off you. I need a set as I'm putting a stock front sway bar back on my car. PM me if interested.

my front bushings are prothane and havnt been installed, i just installed the rears. if your interested pm me a offer, i can have them shipped out tomorrow if you want. Thanks.

^^ And the RM bars come with poly bushings, so unless the bushings are worn, why not just leave em?

the bushings that i removed from the rear were red poly, and they had been worn through. I havnt taken the fronts out yet but I would assume they are in the same condition.

Thanks for all the help guys

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back