The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Suspension bolt thread size

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJ_IS_BATMAN

Proven Member
May 7, 2020
Ontario, California
Hey everyone,

Im currently rebuilding my suspension and need to get 2 replacement bolts but I need the thread size to order the right bolts.

I have the part numbers according to another thread but it doesn’t state the thread size.

I need the following bolts

40388C - M12x60 bolt
40388D - M12x35 bolt
These bolts connect the lower rearward control arm to the frame of the car.

any help would be appreciated

I assume you're talking about the compression lower arm assembly (curved arm) on the front suspension. BTW those numbers are the PNC number, not the part number. The real Mitsu part number is the MFxxxxxx:

MF101320 (40388C): M12 x 1.25 x 60
MF101314 (40388D): M12 x 1.25 x 35

And the thread pitch is 1.25, not 1.5. Be very careful when you put them in as they can easily get cross threaded. You'll have to put a floor jack (with wheels to be able to swing left/right slightly) under the arm to take part of the car weight to get them to line up properly or you'll end up cross threading the bolts (and have a very difficult time starting the bolt going straight in). Also make sure you get at least grade 8.8.

Last edited:
I assume you're talking about the compression lower arm assembly (curved arm) on the front suspension. BTW those numbers are the PNC number, not the part number. The real Mitsu part number is the MFxxxxxx:

MF101320 (40388C): M12 x 1.25 x 60
MF101314 (40388D): M12 x 1.25 x 35

And the thread pitch is 1.25, not 1.5. Be very careful when you put them in as they can easily get cross threaded. You'll have to put a jack under the arm to take part of the car weight to get them to line up properly or you'll end up cross threading the bolts (and have a very difficult time starting the bolt going straight in). Also make sure you get at least grade 8.8.
My bad i had another thread pitch stuck in my head from a car at work and i was looking at the car while typing this and i think i went into auto mode. Deleting my comment now

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back