The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Strange/ random grinding noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apckofllamas

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2012
Wellington, Ohio
im not sure how to explain this noise and didnt have any luck trying to look it up. anyways my car is just idling and every random about of seconds go by you can hear a grinding/ scraping noise coming from the tranny side of the bay. i really dont know what to think of it. if someone knows please chime in thanks.

heres a video it isnt the best but you can somewhat hear the noise
Grinding noise - YouTube

Maybe your driveshaft? does it move while idling? The part that keeps it in a straight line and from moving might be worn out and allowing it to move/rattle. I think it's the bushing or something like that but I'm not sure if that will make noise or not while in neutral or not moving

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back