The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G starter no crank issue used starter [video]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks like the ground side of your starting system has either some ground issues. Our you simply got sold a bad starter and the mechanical part of the starter is locked up the biggest load on your battery is your starter so I'm not surprised by the dimming lights. If you have a DMM " digital multi meter" get someone to test the battery while you turn the key to start it. If the amperage drops real low you need a new starter. If the voltage drops but not much amperage you have either a power or ground problem on your starter.

Try tapping the starter with a hammer. (Serious it works) If it starts then I would change the starter immediately LOL. I have an actual good used one LOL. Or yea check your connections could be a bad connection. Double check everything pal

Try tapping the starter with a hammer. (Serious it works) If it starts then I would change the starter immediately LOL. I have an actual good used one LOL. Or yea check your connections could be a bad connection. Double check everything pal

^^ THIS i went crazy yesterday trying to figure out why nothing would happen when i turned the key. I brought the starter to get tested they said it was good, checked grounds, clutch switch, connections, and everything i could think of. I heard about the hitting the starter technique =P but figured if it tested good it wasnt it. Finally after running out of ideas and getting mad i whacked it out of frustration and has worked every turn of the key since =)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back