The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Spyder Spyder GST 16g installed now problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badboyr6

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 8, 2008
Miami, Florida
hey guys. I installed my 16g (used) and ebay fmic and I started her this morning. The car sounded normal but then I drove her around the block and she started to smoke a bit( white smoke) and then I decided to open her up just a little bit but the car wasnt even pulling how the t25 was, then I heard a pop out the exhaust and the car began sputtering and turning off. I pulled over and I had a lot of white smoke comming from the turbo exhaust housing. When I turned it on again to drive it home, i couldn't go over 3 thousand rpm because the car felt like it was about to stall. Also i had a weird sound coming from the engine like a blown gasket or something. Please help

Solution
well I just ran home for my lunch break. And it was an intercooler pipe. I reconnected it and I strted the car. At idle I have no smoke. But when I rev the motor I get white very little blue cloud of smoke comming out the back. Also I'm getting smoke where the turbo connects to its other side. What do u guys think?
everytime I have blown a ic pipe off it mad the I want to shit my pants sound of a motor letting go. Does the turbo have any shaft play?

the turbo has some shaft play in it. Side to side a little bit and I can even feel a tiny bit in and out. I decided to take the turbo off and put my t25 on until I can figure out what I'm going to do with this other turbo.

Why do people always come into threads and have something useless to say?:toobad: The pop was the only thing that didn't fit the description of a head gasket being bad from what I have seen, I haven't seen everything though. Head gaskets are simple to check 99% of the time, it doesn't require pulling the head off. And, I would assume that a blown off intercooler pipe would be obvious for anybody if they looked under the hood.

Useless? How? I told him to start out small, not everyone has access to every tool. If it were the headgasket it would have started to LEAK not exploded causing 'poping'. So if your transmission was grinding into gears you wouldnt start by checking/replacing a new slave/master and re bleeding the system? Or would you just replace the entire transmission?

Useless? How? I told him to start out small, not everyone has access to every tool. If it were the headgasket it would have started to LEAK not exploded causing 'poping'. So if your transmission was grinding into gears you wouldnt start by checking/replacing a new slave/master and re bleeding the system? Or would you just replace the entire transmission?

Yes that post was useless, especially since it was after he fixed the problem. Think about what I mentioned to use. Hmm, sparg plug socket, extension, ratchet, and a piece of string. The only thing I see out of the ordinary is the piece of string. Do you consider that a specialty tool that not everybody has?WTF Obviously you don't have a lot of experiance with cars. You think when something, like a headgasket, goes bad it is going to do the exact same thing (leak) every time? No. If the hydraulics are going bad they will show problems before the transmission starts to grind because of them. Not everybody will notice the problems, I would. So, I would know the hydraulics are good. And no, I would order a dogbox for it.

If you want to reply then pm me. I will not reply to you again unless it is in a pm.

I decided to take the turbo off and just put my t25 on unto I make sure my 16g is working properly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back