The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Speed sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinned4g63

Proven Member
May 1, 2017
Pasadena, Maryland
For my 95 GSX supposedly with stage 4 shep trans:

Vehicle reads normally at idle but for the most part is stuck reading anywhere from 40 to 60 mph when driving, it doesn't really seem to matter what gear its in but stays within that range. I have maybe taken the car up to 40-50mph but the hood latches are broken and I'd like to replace them before anything faster so I don't know if it reads accurate above that, but for example leaving my neighborhood where its posted 25 it reads just above 40 then the main road to my storage unit is 40 but reads inaccurately around or above that. Trying to make sure I'm heading in the right direction with the speed sensor on the trans or if there's anything else I should check. I reached out to shep and they suggested the plastic drive gear may have become worn but that there should be nothing inside the trans itself that would cause that.

I agree with Shep. You could pull the drive gear out and inspect it. Funny thing, my 1gb started doing some funny LOW mph stuff and won't read OVER about 40. I am going to change out my instrument panel (speedometer) and see if that is the culprit.

Oh no.....I admit I have too many parts but they are getting so hard to find, I buy up more than I need. I have 3 clusters to choose from.

Yeah unfortunately that part out was meant to fund this project but I'm still finding issues as I'm selling parts. I'll be a bit busy this weekend but I've got a flex sensor and hood latches on the way and oil change supplies, hopefully by next weekend can pull and get a look at the sensor.. Maybe I'll get lucky and one of my spare trans will have a sensor still in it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back