The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Speed sensor Installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naydizzle

Probationary Member
Dec 3, 2013
Lafayette, Colorado
Hi everybody,

So i'm in the process of replacing the gear in my speed sensor, since my speedometer didn't work when i bought my 1998 GSX awd 5speed about a week ago. I pulled the sensor, found there was no gear on it to start with (weird). So i bought a new gear and put it inside the sensor, but now when i try to put it back in the car it won't fit inside correctly/I can't get the bolt to hold the sensor on?

I just don't know if there's anything special I have to do to get the sensor to fit back in again. Do I have to turn something or something to get the gear from the sensor and the gear from the trans to match up? or something like that? Let me know as soon as you can, this is the only thing stopping me from getting this car registered and on the road!

I know where the sensor is and how to take it out and whatever, but I just can't get the sensor back in. any tips on this?

The sensor gears run from side to side, so it will not insert like batter,.

When you are inserting the sensor in, move the sensor side to side, turn it from one side to another and keep applying a little force while you turning it and moving it, do it like this and it will start to get in easier.

Edit,

There is no way you can put the gear upside down, the gear has only one way to be inserted to the sensor.

If you were able to attach the gear to the sensor and insert the safety pin, then you are good in that part.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back