The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Speakers!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97spyder maayng

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 11, 2004
toronto, Ontario_Canada
this is prolly a dumb question, but wat r the size speakers in the front n rear of a 2g eclipse? can a 6X9 fit in the back without having to mold a new speaker area? and wats the specs for the front?

I believe they are 6.5 inches , no sure

i have no clue for a 2g , but you might just have to remove the rear quarter panel and change the 6x9 's

again not sure , for best results take out your speakers and take 'em to the store , ( sounds stupid but..) compare size but also mounting depth and see if the holes line up if not , see if theres an adapter plate or you'll have to drill som new holes

the fronts are 6.5's i do believe. the rears are 6x9's. now my cousin has a gs hardtop and he has aftermarket 6x9's in the back. when i bought some i couldnt mount them cause the speaker coil was too deep it hit the bracing for the converti, and i couldnt find any other aftermarkets that were as shallow as the stockers. if youre hard top then i think you got more clearence.

Thomas91169 said:
the fronts are 6.5's i do believe. the rears are 6x9's. now my cousin has a gs hardtop and he has aftermarket 6x9's in the back. when i bought some i couldnt mount them cause the speaker coil was too deep it hit the bracing for the converti, and i couldnt find any other aftermarkets that were as shallow as the stockers. if youre hard top then i think you got more clearence.

I cut out the grill with a utility knife and bolted vinyl covered 1'' shims to fit my alpine type r's ,that Was a pain in the azz

This has been covered several times before, it's one of two combos, either:

5.25" in front and 6.5" in rear
OR
6.5" in front and 6x9 in rear

how come people just don't look at them, you can tell the size of a speaker by just taking a look

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back