The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved spark plugs changed to nickel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baws

Proven Member
Jan 20, 2015
harrisburg, Pennsylvania
I see the consensus is bpr6es because there copper. I then noticed that they are nickel now. The stores carry the nickels ones only. I would have to order the coppers. Does this matter. I have searched looking for this answer.

Your local parts store will have the BPR6ES. The reason they are trying to sell those to you is because that's what comes up in there system. Tell them to just check for a part number "BPR6ES" they don't need to know what type of vehicle your driving. I actually just purchased my BPR7ES couple days ago.

I know this but my point is the nickel replaced the copper the bpr6es is nickel plated copper. So are they ok to use. No one has the old style around me.

On the BPR6ES, The core will still be copper, The copper core conducts electricity and promotes heat dissipation, and the nickel-alloy is used to pro-long spark plug life.
It's not, "copper or nickel core". both elements have to be used.
The reason why is because, due to copper's soft nature and low melting point, using it as an outer electrode material would result in a plug that lasted only minutes.

Thanks bones thats what I was hoping to hear thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back