The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G no spark to 1 and 4 plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_rock10030

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2009
Wyoming, Michigan
Hello again to all dsmers. I'm almost done with my restoration but there's one thing stopping me. I'm not getting spark from my 1and4 plugs when cranking. I have new plugs, 8mm wires, and new ignition coil. I also have a new cam gear position sensor. I dont know where to go from here. There's still no spark. Please help. Any info will help.

P.S. almost forgot its a 2g 95 eclipse gsx

Where is the transistor located? I already replaced the ignition coil. Haven't checked the ecu though.

Okay so I found the problem. turns out when my buddy was doing the timing belt install he must have cranked the cam gear position sensor inbetween the cam and it cut the red whire which of course controls spark to the first ignition coil. Soldered it back together and it runs like a top!!!!! :thumb:

Excellent work! Who needs a mechanic that cannot fix an issue when all it was was a cut wire.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back