The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

So I finally decided to get her fixed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny_l_2005

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 23, 2004
weslaco, Texas
For around 6 months I have been DSMless, so I do miss my poor baby. My Talon starting leaking coolant from its water pump in June and having lower than normal oil pressure. Around two weeks ago I bought most parts to get her fixed. Bought her all oem: front case, timing belt, water pump, tensioner, pulleys, and gaskets for the installation. At first, I decided I would take it to a mechanic to get all parts installed, but because of holiday season I can't spend money on labor. So I decided to man up and do it myself, well actually have a buddy to help me out :D. Now my question is can I install all these parts without removing my engine out of the car. Now this is for my 2g, so I know its going to be a pita and i'll be screaming words that i've never heard before. Also does anyone seen a write up on a front case removal/installation?

thank you so much, that shows good details on putting it back on. But my other question is can I replace the front case with engine in the car?

pick up a haynes manual. the water pump and timing belt can be done. make sure to set your car to #1TDC, it will make everything less complex. follow the steps carefully. read the whole thing a couple of times before you start.
the front case is a gonna be a tuffy. i think since your not worried about down time... just go ahead a pull the damn thing. that way its all easier to get too. if you have the tools n stuff that is. go over the things you can afford to get while the engine is pulled.

So i just removed the timing covers, I want to get used to aligning the timing marks on all sprockets. What im doing is turning over the crank (with old timing belt installed) to where all sprockets are aligned, but the thing is I can't find where the crank sprocket mark need to be to be aligned. I've seen two pictures of where the timing mark is at, but both are different (1 shows on the left side where tensioner is at and the other shows it close to where the timing mark of the oil sprocket is at). Also the pictures are very vague for me, and i believe mine timing mark is where the tensioner is at, can someone show me a picture where that timing mark is at :coy:. Thank you

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back