The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Silicone Intercooler Piping???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seriph

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 16, 2007
Panama City, Florida
Since this forum classifies me as a lurker, I'm prohibited to post in any other sub forums so I'm sorry if this does'nt fit in here. Anyway, I was wondering if there were any silicone IC pipes? My friend has 3'' silicone intercooler piping and I don't know where the heck he got it from. I would ask him but he's alweays extremely busy LOL. Thanks in advance.

Yeah his IC piping is all silicone. It's pretty cool. What are the benefits with a setup like that? Heat soak resistant? Not hard to disassemble when you get into a wreck? Thanks for the reply.

Looking at that site makes me wonder, this is probably really stupid to ask so you'll have to forgive me, but would it be possible to run both a air to air and air to water intercooler? What would the benefits of the hypothetical setup be?

Running an intercooler provides cooling for the intake charge but acts as a bit of a pressure drop. Running one or the other would suffice but two would definitely act as a pressure drop between the turbo and intake manifold. This would make the turbo work harder to achieve the same psi given to the engine. Plus where the heck would you put two.

If you are that worried about cooling intake temps, look into a water/meth injection kit.

Thanks for the input man. There would be no way to compensate for the pressure drop?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back