The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

side exit exhaust [Merged 1-9]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almost all the cops in colorado are stupid here in colorado about exhaust. If the exhaust is modified in anyway they can ticket you. I know from experiance with my 3 modified exhaust tickets in the last year from my apexi 3". And hopefully emissions here wont ever come back otherwise I know of a few dsm'ers that are screwd. But side pipe exhaust would be cool if you wanna join the crowd and forget the police.

It shouldn't be a problem so long as you've got it muffled, cat on it if they test for emissions, and it exits behind the door.

Little update:

Its kinda strange the same type of thread on syty.net came up and if I can get my hands on a sy I am going to do a few exhausts. if and when I get to do them I will probably mock up something for the TSi. Dont know when this is going to happen due to having to rely on some elses truck for fitting.

does anybody here have some cool pisture with side exhaust system for take some ideas

I always thought a side exit might look cool, but only on a 1GA, so theres no gap left in the rear bumper where the exhaust should come out

wow i dont like the look at all. I mean is there a benefit to it? I dont see a point really unless its a race exhaust in front.

I think it looks lame...side exhausts are cool but not on dsms.....thats like puttin dual exhausts on a dsm...not cool.

LOL those look bad..not as in good bad as in bad

here is a pic of my side exit on my 1g i had.. i dont have any pics of it on the car tho.. 3" down to 2 2.5" tips i made sound damn good i had a glass pack right in the center of the exhaust. nice and deep

Attachments

• celica 031.jpg
    celica 031.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 356
It looks better in the bumper than it does under the door. Check out TPGTuning.com for pics of Andrew's black 2G with a side exit in the bumper. Unfortunately there aren't any updated pics of his monster in his gallery.

Attachments

• side exit 1G Talon.jpg
    side exit 1G Talon.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 339
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back