The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Santa Cruz Relocation meet

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98eclipseRS

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 1, 2003
NORCAL, California
Well with th recent influx of cops in the general area that we would be traveling I didn't feel comfortable with leading a pack of modded dsmers right through their little trap so I am moving the meet. The meet will still be on Saturday Sept. 9 just in a different location.

The new meet is going to take place on another back road so fun will still be had. Where are going to meet in Castro Valley at the Safeway at hte corner of Castro Valley Blvd and Redwood Rd. We will then follow Redwood Rd to Canyon Rd and into Moraga where we will eat and then head back down Canyon into Castro Valley and then whatever we decide to do after that.

We will be meeting in Castro Valley between 10:45 and 11:15. I will be at the Petes they have there if it is open(hopefully I need coffee) and when everyone gets there we will Head out.

So I am starting the list again

1.)Zach(98eclipseRS) - Spirited(not the leader this time)

2.)Justin(elfroggo) - LOL still chill

Started talking to people and found one person who got a ticket, still not bad though....

but I must warn you guys, don't expect your front end to come out the same way it went in, this is a hilly windy area, and a lot of the turns can be taken at fast speeds, but your front end will bottom out, especially if you have blown shocks (reason why I personally haven't been on this road in my dsm, just the minivan) or are lowered. My sisters boyfriend drives a 300zx and I just noticed today that his front end is well..... somewhat paintless to say the least. If you have gcs or something else adjustable, I would go as high as you can height wise, and get used to the difference as soon as possible. Maybe Im just paranoid, but a lot of cars have problems. You should see my friends lowered m3, he hit his drivers side sideskirt really, REALLY badly and moved it up/back about 3 inches.

3.)Brian(testicles) - Spirited (maybe I'll lead, if no one else steps up.....edwin....)

edwin, you should come and drop off my book and we can go for a "test run" sometime.

I know how I'm getting to dave's on tuesday though.

pffft! My front end is already destroyed. I travel 101 from san jose to redwood city (and back) daily. Hooray for re-paving the freeway! :-\ I'm in!

Module Unknown said:
pffft! My front end is already destroyed. I travel 101 from san jose to redwood city (and back) daily. Hooray for re-paving the freeway! :-\ I'm in!

I'm so glad I dont' hav eto deal with that shit in my car. Not like it matters anyway the pervious owner smashed a 2x4 on the freeway before I bought it and who ever did the paint didn't do a good job to say the least.

I was out doing some "tuning" today and had a dandy experience with accelleration uphill, and understeer.... anyone got any ideas to make it less apparent, so I don't overcorrect again....

i'm in of course

3.)Brian(testicles) - Spirited (maybe I'll lead, if no one else steps up.....edwin....)
4.)Edwin(unlmtdndeavor) - Spirited (brian you're leading)

my cars are acting up though. anyone want to come have a vacuum leak day this week? my car wont idle until its warm...fiav?

unlmtdndeavor said:
i'm in of course

my cars are acting up though. anyone want to come have a vacuum leak day this week? my car wont idle until its warm...fiav?

Have you messed around with your dsmlink ? Is just when you start the car cold that it idles low/weird right?

Edwin get the car warm so that it idles and then get a can of brake clean and start spraying it on different areas that would have a vacuum. When the car stumbles you found the problem area.

where will the meet end?

Oh I thought that it was going to be somewhere close to Santa Cruz (hence the title Santa Cruz meet)...oh well.

no, it was going to be in santa cruz, but there are too many cops, so it was relocated to castro valley.

Im thinking about picking up a rear sway bar just to give me some help with that understeer. Maybe I'll just go fill up and learn the roads better. Or maybe I can just put a brick under my throttle so I don't accellerate as much around turns. LOL

edwin, seriously, I should teach you how to tune, since its so freakishly easy. Im no expert, but I could make your car run better. Anyways, I need my haynes.

first priority is getting the damn black car to start rolling. i still dont know why its stuck

maybe you should try losing the brakes LOL

apparently you can't put single piston brakes on 93+ cars. Looks like Edwin found out the hard/scary way.

#### 92 brakes, that was a pain. i guess ill do a how to tomorrow with how you have to drill them out, not that anyone would want to do it.

If you're doing it on a Saturday afternoon, look out for the bicyclists, they crawl around that place like maggots, and they don't share the road either. You guys should come into Moraga for lunch or something, plus I want to see all your cars, but I'm having surgery the day before, so I won't be driving, just watching or riding if Brian is nice.

5.)Tim(turbo2g111) - the passenger seat, as long as the vicodin haze isnt too bad

ok, I KNOW MY OWN HOMETOWN!!!!!!

jesus, Im not THAT directionally impaired, its just if I go west, Im kinda screwed. I normally head north, san fran and berkeley are kinda unknown territorry for me. And don't get me started on oakland,... I know some parts of oakland o too well...

anyone caught ghostriding the whip during the run will be severely beaten

5.)Tim(turbo2g111) - the passenger seat, as long as the vicodin haze isnt too bad
6.)Raul(awdgsx415) - Spirted!!!! Looks like I should be able to make this one...

Driveshaft fixed thanks Luis & Mahesh :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back