The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Sacramento Raceway CA 7/31

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsukid82

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 2, 2011
redwood city, California
Hey whats up DSM peeps well hopefully we can get a real list of who is going and who is bring up stuff like food, grills, coolers, canopy, chairs tables etc.

So far people going is:

1. MITSUKID82
2. JOSH408
3. ANIMAL408
4. DSM_THUNDER
5. GSXIN
6. 98dsmkid

People bring what??

Last edited:
1. MITSUKID82 (Canopy, cooler, grill)
2. JOSH408 (Canopy, whatever else we may need)
3. ANIMAL408
4. DSM_THUNDER
5. GSXIN

Ill be there, but will probably be to busy working on the DSM and chilling with the honda guys. I'll try to swing by to say whats up though!

If this is for the West Coast Shootout event, then the English Racing crew will be coming down for this event. Planning on bringing 5 cars this year instead of 3. Jeff Bush's 8-sec 1G auto drag car, 2 low-10s 1G autos, a low-8s MKIV Supra, and a low-9s Civic HB.

Should be a good time!

That looks different than what's listed on the Sacramento Raceway site: Sacramento Raceway Calendar

Is your average everyday car going to be able to jump in the action if the 8 second cars are qualifying and racing for cash all day?

Thats the event, I dont see how sac would have 2 different import events on the same day.

I believe Jeff will be competing with the pro guys, as well as the red supra just like last year?

Its an index class for us awd guys anyways, so its pretty much bracket racing for us.

So we might only get one run if we get beat then? How will the race layout work?

Depending on oil downs and whatnot, we usually get 2-3 qualifying runs and then eliminations.

So if I'm in the same class as you, what's the point in running other than the qualifiers? I'm not going to line up with you and seriously hope that you snap an axle so I can win.

I would rather bow out gracefully instead of being raped. hahaha.

So if I'm in the same class as you, what's the point in running other than the qualifiers? I'm not going to line up with you and seriously hope that you snap an axle so I can win.

I would rather bow out gracefully instead of being raped. hahaha.

You're looking at it as heads up racing. Even thought the auto cars have the advantage in bracket racing, I still have to shift. So the eliminations will be all about your dial in. The qualifiers are just there to give you an idea of what your dial ins will be.

yeah, so look out for the douche in a subaru svx, awd atx v6 na. Back when I did bracket racing at infineon that guy got me two wednesdays in a row. wheres the skill in that?

bracket racing throws the budget out the window and makes everything come down to seat time in the set up your currently running.

I want to go to watch, if someones willing to give me a ride

You're looking at it as heads up racing. Even thought the auto cars have the advantage in bracket racing, I still have to shift. So the eliminations will be all about your dial in. The qualifiers are just there to give you an idea of what your dial ins will be.

Oh so it's kind of like the jackpot runs that went down at the last one? The person who can get closest to their expected time wins?

If it's a competition thing I'll just watch ha, I'm only running stock because I wanted to see where my starting point is.

thats the best way to go bracket racing, if your car is stock powered then its more predictable, you've got less traction problems, etc.

To everyone thats racing, please make sure your car can pass tech!

This means, no oil leaks that follow you from the pits to the staging lights, make sure you have your battery tied down with a metal bracket (no zip ties or ratcheting straps), some sort of overflow that is secure and not leaking, and if you are running 13.99 or quicker you need a helmet! ( Snell m2000 or higher) DOT approved helmets may be used, but they also NEED to meet snell requirements.

If you've never been to the track before, have someone hop in with you that has, so they can advise you of return lanes, speed in the pits and general etiquette.

For most of us this is basic stuff, but for some of you that havent raced PLEASE ask questions if you are not sure. Its a long drive up to sac, just to end up in the pits not racing if your car doesnt pass tech.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back