The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Rubber surrounding motor mount?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiabloOwnr

Probationary Member
Nov 12, 2007
cape coral, Florida
I just bought my 95 last week (I am new to dsm's), and the seller said I needed to replace the passenger side motor mount because the 2 rubber circular pieces (see pic) that are on each side of the motor mount are loose (I can move them by hand). I tried searching, but I have no idea if this is normal? I can't see the motor mount itself to see if it is bad.

Attachments

• mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 112
The two rubber disks on the side are separate from the mount and can move around on their own normally. To check if you really need a motor mount you can unbolt it and hoist/jack up the engine to actually look at the mount itself or you can feel for solid clunks when you are shifting or accelerating.

Yes, those rubber things are not part of the mount. When I filled my mounts I did add some more rubber to help anything from moving. But to see if the mount is actually bad you need to remove it and inspect it to see if it is torn.

Attachments

• mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 118
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back