The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G RTM Racing Stainless Turboback Exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Ponting

Supporting Member
Mar 30, 2020
Mckinleyville, California
I am looking to find anyone who has bought the RTM racing AWD turboback exhaust, either back in the day or recently. I'm trying to put together my GSX project car and want to get a sound clip of the exhaust so i can decide if i want to buy it.

Thanks in advance,
Wes

This past spring I installed that kit on my car. Unfortunately my car is put away for the winter. For the price it's great, honestly. Machine welded, TIG I assume. The sound is generic fart can, maybe a little lower in tone, but not rattily like you often hear with Hondas. It's louder than I like, but that's just my opinion. It doesn't drone at cruising speed on the highway (~120kmh or 70mph) either thanks to the resonators.

Something I liked was that the downpipe inlet is 2.25" (not 2.5" like a lot of ebay downpipes) so it actually matches to a 1g/2g O2 housing. It can hang a little low in some places, but if you get a variety of exhaust hangers you could likely tuck it closer to the body.

If you're adamant about hearing it, I may have some dashcam footage. The audio probably won't be a good representation of what it sounds like in person, but muffler sound videos rarely sound the same in person LOL

Haha as you said, dash-cam footage wont do much for exhaust sounds. What about compared to the STM exhaust?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This one seems to have more deep tone than fart can.

The STM tone is about right, but it has a slight rumble on throttle blips which I'm assuming is cam related. I have stock cams, no rumble on blips so it's a rather constant tone.

I found a video from this past November on my phone describing what I think is a vacuum leak (which you can ignore because unrelated), but it has sound from inside the cabin at idle and a slight rise in rpm. Since you're mostly going to hear the car from inside, this is a decent representation of what to expect. I'd highly recommend wearing headphones, preferably ones with a good bass profile, otherwise you'll probably miss it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back