The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

rough idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busyb187

Probationary Member
Aug 29, 2012
van nuys, California
Hello everyone. Well I have a 97 eclipse get. It has been giving me trouble lately. It idles rough,and it was giving men trouble codes p0304 and p0135. I replaced spark plugs, spark plug wires, and oxygen sensor. Check engine light went away but rough idle is still there. I have no idea what else to check. Any ideas or suggestions? Any one had a similar problem and found a fix? Thanks in advance.

Check your IAC or ISC as some people call them. It might be super dirty with carbon deposits. Mine used to do the same thing till i cleaned it off with some carburetor cleaner and a rag. Its located on your TB(throttle body) if you dont know

Rough idle I'd lean more towards boost leak/compression. But never bad to check other things. Injector seals/o-rings could be bad, but if the seals are bad, you'll find out in a boost leak test. :)

I agree on a BLT, injector seals are almost certainly leaking if you they havent been replaced. I would also check your TB shaft seals as those are very common. The ISC module will not throw an CEL as well because it's a step motor, so you will need to check the impedance to ensure its working properly (another likely issue).

If you have a reliable boost gauge then check your In. Hg at vacuum is at or close to 20. Anything less than that is indicative of a vacuum leak between the intake runners and the TB plate. (injectors seals, intake gasket, TB shaft seals, TB gaskets).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back