The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Rough idle & misfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paper Trafficin

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 20, 2008
Manassas, Virginia
HEY GUY, HAVE A REALLY BAD IDLE PROBLEM HERE. I JUST REPLACE MY RADIATOR WITH A NEW ONE CAUSE IT WAS LEAKING. WHILE I WAS AT IT I FIGURED I REPLACE MY FUEL FILTER AND EGR VALVE. NOW I HAVE PUT EVERYTHING BACK TOGETHER AND I HAVE A ROUGH IDLE WITH A MISFIRE. :ohdamn:SO I REPLACED MY PLUGS AND WIRES WITH NGK ONES AND DOUBLE CHECKED THE EGR VALVE I INSTALLED AND FUEL FILTER. ALL SEEMS TO BE GOOD. ALSO TIGHTENED UP THE INTAKE HOSES AND FILTER. ANY HELP HERE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. BY THE WAY I DID SEARCH THIS BUT MOST OF THE INFO IS FOR A TURBO. MINE IS A NON TURBO. PLEASE HELP:banghead:

try checking your firing order and also check the space on your spark plugs and if all of those are all right then check your vacume lines that run to your EGR valve make sure they are connected right and make sure there are no holes in the line

Just to update.I checked the firing order everything is good. I did gap the spark plugs like stated above to .038 like manual sais. Also I replaced the valve covers gasket with a new one. Still no luck. Any suggestions guys. Thanks in advance

Hey guys. I figured it out. I needed to "burp" the coolant in the radiator. It had an air pocket. To fix this I just opened the radiator cap with the car running and watched the thermostat open and then i squeezed the top radiator hose to release all air bubbles. RUNS LIKE A CHAMP NOW.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back