The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

roadsurge install instructions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglady112

15+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2004
Commerce City, Colorado
I picked up a box second hand for a friend. He has a 1G FWD auto. I am not back from vacation yet but I assume the box was sent without instructions. I installed one a year or two ago, but don't remember what the wires would be. I emailed Tim twice with no reply. We plan on installing the box tomorrow. Anyone have the instructions for a 1G?

I am mostly concerned with what the wires are for/do coming out of the box. I am not worried about the tcu side.

Pm EagleTalonTim

This is the best I could find

Step 1:
pull kick panel from center console (driver's side)
SANY0148.JPG ( 602.96K ) Number of downloads: 25

Step 2:
locate TCU. It has 2 plugs and luckily...........the hardest plug to get to is the one you need (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) So what I found was pulling the ECU plugs gave me some extra room to work with.
SANY0149.JPG ( 483.58K ) Number of downloads: 27

Step 3:
Find the grey and orange wires on the big plug you pulled from the TCU. Yes, there are two orange wires but the directions said ORANGE not orange with a stripe so I went after the solid orange one. Glad I followed directions (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
SANY0150.JPG ( 397.46K ) Number of downloads: 24

Step 4:
use the included butt connectors to connect the brown wire from the box to the grey wire on the plug side of the harness. Then connect the white wire from the box to the orange wire on the plug side of the harness.
SANY0151.JPG ( 509.66K ) Number of downloads: 22

Step 5:
Use the included butt connectors to connect the green wire from the box to the grey wire on the harness. Then connect the yellow wire from the box to the orange wire on the harness.
SANY0152.JPG ( 418.83K ) Number of downloads: 21

Step 6:
I probably should have done this step first because I get very nervous about accidentally pulling any connections apart that I just made. per tim's directions DO NOT CUT THESE WIRES, use the included splices to connect the black wire from the box to the black wire on the harness. Use the other included splice to connect the red wire to the red with blue striped wire on the harness.
SANY0154.JPG ( 437K ) Number of downloads: 25

Step 7:
use electrical tape to cover your connections and reinstalled TCU plugs, then ECU plugs. Then you need to find a place to put the switch and box. I didn't do that just yet because I wanted to go for a test drive first just in case I messed something up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back