The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Reverse lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clipto

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 8, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Anyone might know how to go about getting reverse lights to work 1g 5 speed. When i put in reverse nothing comes on are there wires I need to check? If so where?

There is a reverse light switch that is on top of the transmission. Looking down at the engine bay from the front of the car its to the left of where the clutch line goes through a bracket to the slave cylinder. Maybe someone can show you a pic. I can't on my phone

Here's a pic of the reverse sensor location. This is a 2g, but the sensor is in the same spot. Even has the same sensor, the one on my trans is from a 1g since I couldn't find a 2g in the salvage yard after breaking the original. Works just fine and has the same connector.

Attachments

• reverse sensor.jpg
    reverse sensor.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 132
Also check the other end of the cable. My reverse lights wont work my switch was bad, replaced that and then noticed when plugging in the connector it would push out the one of the cables in the connector that wouldnt set in right. Still trying to play with that. good luck

How would i go about measuring how much space there needs to be? i know my switch is good and so is my connector. But when i put the switch back in the tranny it stops. Asked my dad but he doesnt know how we would get a reader gauge down that small hole.

Take out the switch and remove the washer off for now, put the tranny in R, turn ignition key to "on" (don't start the engine).
Screw the switch back in (still with no washer) until the lights come on. After that use a feeler gauge between the tranny and the switch (where a washer would go) to determine what thickness washer you need.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back