The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

[RESOLVED] boost gauge vacuum sorce?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

210 dsm

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2007
san antonio, Texas
i have a 90 gsx and on the top of my throttle body is two small vacuum hoses. one has red lines and the other has blue or green lines on it. my question is, is the hose with the red lines a good source to T off to a hose for a aftermarket boost gauge? cause ive ran it like that before. right now its off. but it worked fine as far as showing a vacuum and a boost reading, but something tells me thats not an appropriate place to get a boost gauge reading.

ive searched on here for threads explaining how to hook up a boost gauge but all i find is " t off from the hose between the intake mani and the fuel pressure regulator" but that dosent help me as its not descriptive enough. can someone tell me in detail what to t off of or weather or not is ok to route it to the one hose on the top of the throttle body?
thanks

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/wayback/BradBauer/gauges/boost.html

This is a good thing to look at. It's really easy to find where to tap into, as the line should already be cut and joined back together with a plastic tube, for whatever reason. Just take that tube out, replace it with your T, and the reuse the clamps that may or may not be there, they were for me. Then theres an easy place to run the line through the firewall just under the brake fluid reservoir nearby.

their is a hose if your looking at the engine, on the throttle body to the right of it almost near the end their is a hose and it goes to a solinoid that measures boost just T that hose off and run it to your gauge,.
hope that helps.

i have a 90 gsx and on the top of my throttle body is two small vacuum hoses. one has red lines and the other has blue or green lines on it. my question is, is the hose with the red lines a good source to T off to a hose for a aftermarket boost gauge? cause ive ran it like that before. right now its off. but it worked fine as far as showing a vacuum and a boost reading, but something tells me thats not an appropriate place to get a boost gauge reading.

ive searched on here for threads explaining how to hook up a boost gauge but all i find is " t off from the hose between the intake mani and the fuel pressure regulator" but that dosent help me as its not descriptive enough. can someone tell me in detail what to t off of or weather or not is ok to route it to the one hose on the top of the throttle body?
thanks

Sounds pretty descriptive to me. :confused: But if you need visual help.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You need the vac line that goes to the green dot solenoid, T into that one.

http://members.shaw.ca/dsm.1000q/Engineprimer/1G/solenoids.htm

i always "t" off the fuel pressure regulator, reason being if the fpr line ever comes off or gets a leak the gauge will be a visual aid in diagnosis

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/wayback/BradBauer/gauges/boost.html

after going to this link thanks to stefanOst, i was able to understand what you guys are talking about within a few seconds.LOL. all i needed was a picture. but now i realize why it dident make any sence to me.

"Sounds pretty descriptive to me.:confused:But if you need visual help."
its because the threads i was one before i started this one werent be specific. they were saying between "fuel pressure regulator" and manifold. not fpr solenoid. but what ever i got it now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back