The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved :2g overheating

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evolving_sti

Proven Member
Apr 28, 2019
DANBURY, Connecticut
Hey guys. I just wanted to share. I recently bought a 99 spyder gst. It was stock. Did the basic boltons , speed density , fmic setup. Nothing major , still stock t25. I'm running link. Well I got a start up map from kenny @justatune. Car started right up ran great. Started noticing the temp gauge moving on the highway. I was hitting over 230 degrees ! So then I started datalogging and I was hitting 210-215 just cruising normally. If I turned both fans on via link it would get to 200-203. Still no good. I have mishimoto slims btw. So I came on here and read a shit ton of articles and brain stormed with my mechanic to solve this issue. The fmic is a ets btw.
So he ordered me the mishimoto x-line radiator, mishi radiator hoses, and he bought this fan pulse modulator which now controls the fans and not the ecu and we also cut the black part on the front bumper. So this module starts both fans at a low speed at operating temp. And as temp increases so does the rpms on the fans.

Today is 92 degrees out, pretty hot. My cruising temps are 193-196 consistently with no AC. On the highway I'm at 200 dead. On the highway with AC I'm at 203- 206. I'm very happy with the results. And according to my mechanic link seems to read 7 degrees higher than his thermostat.
I'm hoping once the car is tuned properly it will run a little cooler aswell.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just wanted to add my experience as I read alot of threads on here with alot of suggestions but alot of people dont put what actually resolved their issues with data.

Just wanted to add one more thing. I decided to install and aem temp gauge because I didnt always want link connected. I've noticed that the aem gauge reads anywhere from 3-7 degrees cooler than what link. I know almost every degree counts with these and alot of guys want to be as cool as they can get it. The gauge is tapped right by the radiator cap. So idk if that is as accurate as link but just thought I would share.

The sensor link is using is on the hot side of the thermostat & the one you tapped is in the neck going to the radiator. I would not expect them to match & the temperature from the add-on gauge probably cycles as the thremostat opens & closes.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back