The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Replacing seats

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ximrdeathix

Probationary Member
Mar 19, 2011
pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I currently have a front drivers seat(non-leather) in which the weld snapped actually. I was wondering what you guys replaced your seats with? If from other cars or using racing seats from a company or ebay. I'm looking for something cheap, comfortable, and black leather. What would be a nice fit? Also looking to replace all seats, including back but I cant find an old eclipse in the area in a junk yard with the back leather seat.

What weld broke? You could get it re-welded and then just get them recovered. There's also a thread somewhere about what kind of seats fit in the eclipse's and talons. Let me see if I can dig it up.

Edit. I can't seem to put my mouse on it. It was a thread that everyone who had swapped out their seats for different ones from different cars had posted in. The Evo Recaro seats, Brides, someone just put Honda seats in their car... Some of them require a modified bracket. I would honestly see how much it would take to fix yours. But the information is out there. :)

Its actually 3 that connect the back bracket to the reclining part of the chair. I'm not sure how to better describe that? I wouldn't mind mine being covered but I'm not sure of any place or person around me that does that. Small town. As far as the weld goes I'm not sure I can get in there without torching part of the seat as there's foam all around it and it doesn't seem like the whole lining wants to come off.

My budget would be around $500 for both front new seats? Unless covering them would be cheaper.

I have been successful using Craigslist for seats. I managed to convert two of my Eclipses to leather (Eclipse) in the past year for around $100 each for front and rear.

Now I'm looking for a leather set for my Spyder.

BK85

Do sebring and avenger seats come in the same leather as well?

Think I might try and do the craigslist option. If not maybe look around here for someone to cover mine. Also try and tear mine apart a bit more. Thanks guys

I'll be doing a full review on a new company called Cipher Auto... check out their website, cipherauto.com

I received my seats already, the quality is top notch. If you can wait i can send you some pics later after work. I'm just waiting on my brackets from wedge to post the review.

Kool. I'll take pics later. But check out their site. I got style# CPA1019 with suede insert and red stitching.

NGR Innovation has some nice knockoff evo seats. Cheap too.

As promised, sorry for the delay! I'm in the middle of moving. I snapped this pic real quick.

I'll post more pics and do a full review, once my brackets come in from Wedge.

Seats were $369.99 Shipped for a pair. Brackets are $189.99 Shipped for the pair, Brackets are made by Wedge, from what I hear Wedge Brackets are heavy duty.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Looks good man, thanks for posting! I actually just ripped a old avenger seat out (I already had seat covers) but I think I might look around my area for someone to cover them. However those NRG are always still an option LOL

Hey guys on the subject of racing seats. What measurements would you recommend for someonethats 5'9"and has a 36-38 inch waist

I'm 6'2, 205 lbs. with a 36 waist and the seats fit me nice. I dont have measurements but if you go to cipherauto.com they have measurements depending on what seat model you want.

I decided to go with a different set of seats, I would like your review on these seats after you have them for a while though. They would look great in the car Im thinking of buying for my wife but I need to know if they are comfy on a longer drive and how well they hold up.

As promised, sorry for the delay! I'm in the middle of moving. I snapped this pic real quick.

I'll post more pics and do a full review, once my brackets come in from Wedge.

Seats were $369.99 Shipped for a pair. Brackets are $189.99 Shipped for the pair, Brackets are made by Wedge, from what I hear Wedge Brackets are heavy duty.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

These are some good looking seats, would love to see pics of them inside your car :thumb:

I decided to go with a different set of seats, I would like your review on these seats after you have them for a while though. They would look great in the car Im thinking of buying for my wife but I need to know if they are comfy on a longer drive and how well they hold up.

The seats are pretty comfy... I sat in them for about 2 hours playing GT5 ROFL...

These are some good looking seats, would love to see pics of them inside your car :thumb:

Thank you sir! All I'm waiting on are the brackets! trust me I'm dieing to see them installed.

Just got my Fedex tracking number from Cipher... Brackets are in the mail should be here soon :)

Last edited:
I need some brown leather seats really bad for my 1g.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back