The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Replace Radiator Support

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SexyDSM95

15+ Year Contributor
May 1, 2004
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Okay guys, I bought the car with a kinked/bent lowe radiator support. Don't worry I have not overheated and my frame is not bent. (When I stomp on the gas there is no pull) I was told I could not just replace the lower, I had to in fact, replace the core. I found the core for a decent price just need to know the level of difficulty and what is involved. Having a bent lower radiator support is causing:
  1. Hood does not to shut right/flush
  2. Passenger side fender panel sticks out
  3. Since fender sticks out, if the passenger door is opened all the way the side molding pops off
  4. The end cap of the side skirt does not sit flush or all the way
From what I have read/asked I have to drain my radiator fluid, take off my front end, and there are three large bolts that hold the core together? Just seeing if anyone has done this and could help me out thanks guys!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Its not that hard. You might have to drop your sub frame bar that goes front to back, and pull the radiator out too.

volcom121 said:
Its not that hard. You might have to drop your sub frame bar that goes front to back, and pull the radiator out too.
So time wise for a girl who might get SOME help. A weekend? :confused:

i'm sure that you could do it in a weekend, assuming that you've got all the right tools and say, a Chilton's guide or something similar to show you what you need to remove? Or you could grab some people from your Philly DSM club to come help out.

Isnt the radiator support needs to be welded??? or at least the factory one is??

Any body can give instructions on how to change the radiator support? Any body has done it on a 2G? Or does it need a body shop??? Thanks

I was just told by a body shop it was to be spot welded. So I am guessing that means it has to be welded not bolted on.

Yes, the radiator support needs to be welded on it is a structural part of a unibody car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back