The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Removed Cyclone Intake Manifold Now Car Won't Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b00stedeclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 4, 2002
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Well it was a nice evening the other day so I decided to get rid of the cyclone intake manifold that came with my motor and swapped it out with the USDM one (ECI Multi). I carefully paid attention to everything that I disconnected. Installed the USDM and connected everything back up and the car wants to start, rpm's go to about 2k and then back to 0 and stalling out. Doesn't run for any more than 2 seconds or so. Anyone know if there's something I am missing going from the so-called jdm manifold to the US one? I have all my vacuum lines that were on the old one run to the new one. I never had the cyclone manifold functioning properly so thats why I pitched it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

- Brett

I had something sort of similar happen to me when I forgot to tighten down a mounting nut/stud (Just one out of the 8 or so) on the drivers side of the intake. I lost 10 mm Hg ish during idle and would barely run. But yeah a boost leak test will show this :thumb:

Check the Vac lines on the TB also may have left one of them off..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back