The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Relocating the Battery? ...Why or why not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've been seriously considering using 2 smaller batteries in my hatch. I'm doing some work back there this spring. 1 small battery is not enough for Minnesota winters, but I've always thought 2 would be worth a shot.

I just threw in a duralast gold 51-DL battery. It's 40% shorter in width than a stock battery and weighs about 10 lbs less. I don't drive my car in the winter so cranking won't be a problem, although the cranking rating on this battery versus my other one is near identical. Saves space and weight!

I would like to thank Dan for posting that link because now I have figured out what Im doing with my battery, and since Im FWD keeping the weight above the wheel's is very important, and this now allow's me to do that, and since I love a clean, un-clutered engine bay this help's both.

I got a PC680T ( $82 with terminals ) and dropped 16.5 lbs. It's been drained once and still starts here in 10 degree weather a year later.

I would rather drop the weight then go through the hassle of moving it and all that B.S.
The inside is small enough as is, now stick a fat ass battery back there with cables, a spare tire and you might as well call Peapod for grocerys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back