The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

rebuild and want local parts and help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeelesKustome

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 29, 2007
Waverly, Tennessee
hey men,

I'm in the process of buying things for my rebuild, 7 bolt. i'd rather buy locally if ya know what i mean, I live in the waverly area, but nashville isn't far from me, neither is clarksville.

if you have some engines/parts up for sale let me know or throw me a link.

once all parts are recieved if ya feel like it, i may need help with the install. I've never iremoved or installed these motors before.
I work at a collision center, I'm the painter, so a shop full of tools and a nice floor to work on is an absolute.
I haven't checked this local thread out before , so give me a shout, if your near by.
heres a link to my car.
KeeleDesign : 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - CB7Tuner Forums

automatic transmission hurts my eyes!!!

on a side note, i dont know how much your looking to spend but if you wanted to just get a new engine, i had modified imports over off of vista lane/bypass order me a 7bolt jdm which wasnt to pricy. Should hit him up and see what he can get for you.

i need to update that mod list, because i don't have anything anymore. starting from scratch

whatcha askin for them?

i still have some lines but i need to figure out what thy actually go to.

in need of 1g TB and 2g intake so i can be getting it setup before the engine is here.

whatcha askin for them?

i still have some lines but i need to figure out what thy actually go to.

in need of 1g TB and 2g intake so i can be getting it setup before the engine is here.

well i dont have a 1g tb but i do have a 2g tb without the elbow LOL you can have it for like 10 bucks but needs a tps

uhm the fuel injectors ive been asking 100 for them since they are in new condition but im willing to just go ahead and say shipping is included in the price

the oil feed line i have is a hydrolic line which is silicone coated but its an ass line and teflon sealed which im asking 10 bucks for all it needs is a banjo fittng or whatever fitting u desire to use to bolt to the turbo

uhm...i can also get you a 2g maf for 30 bucks plus pigtail but ill have to get in touch with some people to get one for you!

ouch kinda steep on the injectors... but I will keep you in mind. just baught a dsmlink again

thanx guys let me know what you've done and what you'd be handy for, and if you have parts don't leave me hangin throw out a price for it as well, that would gretaly appriciated.

my engine will be in on tuesday or wednesday.

comes with a 16g turbo and 450 injectors i don't need,
i also have a 1g TB if anyone's intrested in them make an offer.

but it'll be fun swaping this out , never done a dsm before.

you aught to keep the same names on sites.

I'm trying to get mine changed on here, so it matches my custom paint shop and all my other forum names.

ENGINE IS A NO GO
I GOT SCAMMED ON HERE BY A DUSCH! FOR $800 i'M FURIOUS. I CAN'T AFFORD THIS CRAP.

thats bull***********

the mods need to design it so un verified ppl can't look through the WTB adds and email people.

i think that could have prevented this.

along with better judgment on my part, i was to blinded bey needing an engine desprately

if it makes you feel better i was just scammed too.. not anything as serious as say an engine or 800 dollars...i was scammed out of 27 bucks by jp91gsturbo i ordered some bumper lights for the 1ga the lenses that go over the actual lights on the front! and that was almost 2 weeks ago and he suddenly stopped responding and signing on!

it's been a while since i've given an update, i have an entire 1g engine,from a member on here, kept the 1g cams, put 2g pistons and wrist pins on 1g big rods, bolted on some arp head studs and main studs, added the commetic head gasket, deleted the balance shaft, added a front facing oil filter housing, I've ordered my kiggley adapter kit for the 1g block to bolt to the 2g automatic tranny, as the 2g torque converter is bigger and it needed a spacer.
i have a valve cover off a hyundai that fits you wouldn't know the difference unless you were told,
it's been sand blasted and primed,
things to do.
1.I have my flat tire off ready to have it patched.

2.need to get new drilled and slotted front and rear disk brake rotors and pads as mine are so rusted the car cannot move until this is done.

3.ngk bpr8es spark plugs, as they are 1 step colder plugs

4.35-38mm external wastegate flange,, then weld it to my o2 dump tube

5.valve cover gasket

6.rear main crank seal... i better do it now.

7.thermostat gasket.

8.new fuel injector o rings as the injectors are used.

9.oil pan gasket

10.egr block off plate

11.2g k&n air filter

12. oil filter

13. a new battery

14. intake manifold gasket,,, maybe a magnus thermoshield gasket

15. i need to solder the new flange for the bov to the alluminum piping

I am waiting on my 1g intake manifold and the larger 1g tb to arrive,
so the 2g intake and tb i painted are up for sale dirt cheap i don't need them.
i still might have to re-work my exhaust to match up to the new 20g turbo ohh and i will be running the gigantic ported sbr cast manifold as well, i haven't taken photos yet..

I haven't ever removed and awd engine before, from my research I'll have to disconect the transferr case, keep it level and then pull the engine and tranny all in one unfortunately,, if this is the case i am sure their will be a few more unforseen suprises that will need to be fixed or at least maintained.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back