The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Reasons not to get apc seats

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

At first the attractive price of the apc seats may consider one to buy these seats for those of us on a budget but this may not be a wise decision and heres a couple of reasons why. The seats in mention are the yellow/black apc sport seats installed in a 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse by the great folks at speed merchant in san jose ca
1. They might be such a great deal. First you have the price of the seats for two your looking at $300.00 to $400.00. Next you need to buy seat brackets and no your stock seat brackets will not fit, so theirs another $100 to $150 but wait we're not done yet. Next you have to install the seats and guess what you have to modify your brackets to fit your seats. For this your looking at 3 to 6 hours of labor most shops will charge you between $70-$100 bucks an hour (mine took 5 hours at $90 bucks an hour). In the end your paying anywhere between $700 to $1150 for some "cheap" seats
2. They probably wont fit. The problem with the seats and why you cant use the stock brackets is that the seats are so tall. If you put the stock brackets with the seats the top of the seat will be touching the roof of your ride. Also the seats are a bit wide so the side of the seat touch the door and you have to close your door a little more forcefully.
3. You might not fit. The seats raise you higher and bring you forward more. If your over 6 feet your heads touching the roof and your knees are bent into your chest. the sliders dont help because they only move an inch or two front to back. Also if you have a beerbelly going on the seat belt wont fit. You can take your seat to a upholstery shop and have them modify the seat but then your looking at another two hundred bucks.
4. the seats are very uncomfortable. There is no padding on the back just the metal frame deforming your back if you even attempt to slouch or lay back. Is for the seatthe foam is under the metal frame so you get to fill the frame just pushing against your rear.

These seats may be good in a truck or van or a car with a lot of head space but not my car and for the money your spending you might as well get some better seats and forgo all the money you spend on modifications to the brackets. On a grade of A-f i give these seats a F you save money on the seats but you end up spending more on mods. They arent comfortable and dont fit well. i hope this helps those out there to not make the same mistake i did.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back