The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Rear swaybar bushing replacement tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mack

20+ Year Contributor
May 7, 2003
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm going to pick up some swaybar bushings today for the rear of my 2g AWD as mine are bad. Is there anything I should watch out for or any tips to make it go really smooth? I'm spraying down the bushing brackets every night with nut buster to free them up (I'm sure a 95 in Ohio is rusted solid).

TIA :thumb:

Mack said:
I'm going to pick up some swaybar bushings today for the rear of my 2g AWD as mine are bad. Is there anything I should watch out for or any tips to make it go really smooth? I'm spraying down the bushing brackets every night with nut buster to free them up (I'm sure a 95 in Ohio is rusted solid).

TIA :thumb:
Being from Ohio I agree good luck on getting them to come out without breaking, around here if you even look at a 10mm bolt wrong it breaks off...I am getting pretty good at drilling them out and tapping them....try CAREFULLY using a torch and heat them up and let them cool down a couple times..makes em expand and contract and hopefully loosen the rust up and keep soaking them..use a 6 point socket and easily turn em and slowly work them back and forth and if you are lucky you may get them out without breaking them OHIO style....just my own experience... and while using a torch make sure there are no gas leaks or fumes(do in a well vented area) before hand...

Hope this helps
Larry

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back