1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Rear swaybar bushing replacement tips?

Posted by Mack, Aug 17, 2005

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. Mack

Mack Proven Member

Joined May 7, 2003
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I'm going to pick up some swaybar bushings today for the rear of my 2g AWD as mine are bad. Is there anything I should watch out for or any tips to make it go really smooth? I'm spraying down the bushing brackets every night with nut buster to free them up (I'm sure a 95 in Ohio is rusted solid).

TIA :thumb:

2. quicksilver

quicksilver Probationary Member

Joined May 31, 2005
    Poland, Ohio
    Being from Ohio I agree good luck on getting them to come out without breaking, around here if you even look at a 10mm bolt wrong it breaks off...I am getting pretty good at drilling them out and tapping them....try CAREFULLY using a torch and heat them up and let them cool down a couple times..makes em expand and contract and hopefully loosen the rust up and keep soaking them..use a 6 point socket and easily turn em and slowly work them back and forth and if you are lucky you may get them out without breaking them OHIO style....just my own experience... and while using a torch make sure there are no gas leaks or fumes(do in a well vented area) before hand...

Hope this helps
    Larry