The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Rear Hatch Struts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdg7

Proven Member
Oct 17, 2012
minneapolis, Minnesota
I know, I know... yes, I searched

I'll use this article as a reference when installing
1G Rear Hatch Strut Replacement

And I know I can get these at RockAuto
RockAuto Parts Catalog

I just want to double check that this is the right part #s before ordering

STRONGARM Part # 4952L
Hatch Lift; Rear Left

STRONGARM Part # 4952R
Hatch Lift; Rear Right

First of all are you talking about 1g/2g lift gates? or the actual Struts for the suspension?

If lift gates I suggest you go to Autozone or what ever. Get the part # and go to amazon with it.

I paid 44$ for both rear lift gates a few months ago and still strong. 194$ for all 4 Struts on amazon.

Hey guys I'm not too sure if there is a thread to show me how to change the bottom two screw bottom bracket and attach to the new hatch struts, but I'll start here. I have purchased to new struts from an american parts suppler who assured that they would be an exact fit and after removing the passenger strut first realized that the top was easy to unscrew the toil of the new one and screw on the old one. The bottom bracket is another story. It seems to unable to unscrew it and seems to have no way off to attach to the new strut. please tell me its simple fix because ordering online parts is always hit and miss. Thanks for all your help.

Ya I did it step by step, but my Monroe struts and universal the torx top was easy I just unscrewed the top and screwed on the stock portion I unscrewed from the stock unit. Unfortunately the bottom bracket does not unscrew and not able to remove it to attach it to the new struts. The struts are exactly the same besides that double bracket. Is there a way to transfer the bracket to install these and I don't have send them back?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back